Get Me Into A Modern Drivetrain

Well, if he goes campy I guess the next question is what to use for wheels?

As far as you know?!?
Fuck! You don’t even know how many gears your bike has?
Sol, if we ever meet I’m going to have to punch you in the dick. Then we’ll probably go out for a beer because everyone who has met you says you’re cool. But first I’m going to punch you in the dick.

umad :stuck_out_tongue:

but srsly. im 99% sure its 7 speed. lemme go chek

Like hitting the broad side of a barn, would be hard to miss.

still lollin @ heath’s “aww shit, put that away” and the towel cover up in mike’s garage

I thought I took a photo of you with the towel over your “area”, but I guess I didn’t.

i was just looking at the new qbp catalog and someone (i forget who) makes a campy spaced cassette splined for a shimano freehub.

SO HOW MANY FUCKING GEARS IS IT GODAMN SOL

i know miche does something like this.

As far as you know?!?
Fuck! You don’t even know how many gears your bike has?[/quote]
ROFLMAO

It’s like all the stupidity of BFSSFG rolled into one person. But a very loveable person, somehow.

i know miche does something like this.[/quote]

American Classic makes them too:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=6D&q=american+classic+campagnolo+shimano+cassette&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=pZ9nS4HiB4_usgO0xIigBQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CB8QrQQwAg

What about cheapish wheels with campy freehubs?

i know miche does something like this.[/quote]

American Classic does too.

I’m not certain these exist. At least, definitely not in the way they exist for shimano.

Yeah, no.

I’ve got him covered.

I’m not certain these exist. At least, definitely not in the way they exist for shimano.[/quote]
There are 2 or 3 options from Campagnolo that are under $200.

All friggan ugly as sin, though. I know they’re out there, but it seems like it should be easier to find an OP wheel set laced to campy hubs for near what an OP/ultegra wheel set would cost.

American Classic and Wheels Manufacturing do make conversion cassettes. According to QBP website the Miche cassettes are just Shimano/SRAM spaced and splined or Campy splined/spaced. They don’t list a Shimano splined cassette with Campy spacing? The WM cass. are expensive and use respaced Ultegra cass. I am using an American Classic conversion cassette on my De Rosa Primato with an Ultegra/OP rear wheel with Campagnolo Centaur 10 speed. It works great. Another option would be using a Jtek shiftmate (version #1) and just use a Shimano cassette as well.

I’ve got him covered.[/quote]

you got any campy 36hole hubs in silver that will work with a 10s cassette?

my dad has a rear campy wheel he’s not going to use for anything nothing special, but it’s true