Get Me Into A Modern Drivetrain

[quote=Ashes Dust]Heath, I have your coffee cup.

Sorry for the momentary hijack. Carry on.[/quote]

Yeah dude, will swing by.

[quote=halbritt][quote=toast]isn’t the bradley already set up as 8-spd (read: has a shimano freehub rear wheel)?

so just get 9spd 105 or ultegra (or DA) STIs, cassette, chain?[/quote]

Now that I think about it, I believe you’re right. Mix of 105/DA 8sp with 600 tri-color hubs.[/quote]

If so then it may be time for the shimergo.

my cross check is set up with all tiagra except dura ace bar end shifters and it is flawless, i probably paid $200 for the group including chain. cassettes are $30 and you can get chains for as low as $15. veloce chains are going for $50 right now and cassettes for $60+. that’s also something to consider. plus the cost of the wheelset brings it down another $250.

[quote=halbritt][quote=toast]isn’t the bradley already set up as 8-spd (read: has a shimano freehub rear wheel)?

Now that I think about it, I believe you’re right. Mix of 105/DA 8sp with 600 tri-color hubs.[/quote]
innaresting. im assuming at least the rd and dt shifters are DA 8, which are proprietary cable pulls in the shimano kingdom. so they only brifters that would play nice with those are da 8s. i think this also throws shimergno out the window.

[quote=scrub][quote=halbritt][quote=toast]isn’t the bradley already set up as 8-spd (read: has a shimano freehub rear wheel)?

If so then it may be time for the shimergo.[/quote]
Agree completely. This would be a fraction of a new gruppo. Sol should replace chainrings, cassette, and chain, too.

I’m still backing the plan, buy veloce, flip everything else.

You can get Veloce chains for $23 from Ribble.

I’d suggest going to a 10sp group as well simply because you will likely end up buying one down the road anyway, and spending once > spending twice

^^^ not sure if you followed the saga of solbikebuying, but that is not how he operates.

^Laughed alound.

there is supposedly a first time for everything

there is supposedly a first time for everything[/quote]

As we’ve discovered not too long ago in the solife thread.

yes sol, if you can get a 10spd group that will run forever and never need replacing, then it’s definitely worth the increased $$ from 9spd

there is supposedly a first time for everything[/quote]

As we’ve discovered not too long ago in the solife thread.[/quote]

oh man im lol’in

i’ve got NIB DA 6600 (i think?) brifters for solbro

da = 7x00

ultegra = 6x00

[quote=toast]da = 7x00

ultegra = 6x00[/quote]

fuck i mean Ultegra, not DA

i’m on Dayquil man, everything is fuzzy

bigbike is 7 speed afaik

Save your pennies, buy a Campy groupset. It’ll be like Christmas. Have it shipped to my place and I’ll even put wrapping paper on it.

lol