get me into cagro bikes

Could you flip that light mount upside down to get it lower and more out of the way?

Also, did you remember to use framesaver?

Good call on the light mount, yes to frame saver

Good boy. that thing is way too sweet to let rust.

[quote=johnasavoia]

[/quote]

This is so bad ass!

Tarck in 2012: slam that stem
Tarck in 2017: slam that dyno light mount (on your cargo bike)

that looks sw8.

Someday I’ll get a custom framebag for the mini triangle below the old downtube.

Holy shit you could have your pals plug a riv nut for your light into the top of one of the fork legs!
I just feel like its so exposed to danger I’m worried about it
That thing is so fucking rad

semi-reviving for cagro chat in dirty jumper thread.

https://www.tapplastics.com/

this is where I got the plastic for my base. Just poke around, even if you don’t order from them their info is super useful. Pretty sure I have foamed pvc on my deck.

Aweeesome thank you dude.

oh and this plastics place is in Boston, had it languishing in my bookmarks for some reason

http://altecplastics.com/sales/boston-store.php

This week was Valentines which is our biggest day of the year.

From my first run on monday morning.

One wednesday we did 1300 deliveries. One of our riders is an absolute wildcard and the ultimate hustler. He will find a way to make more money than he reasonably should. Always. Note the extra box strapped to the double top tube of the tradesman.

one of my least favorite things is a load that I can’t see over. props to y’all.

At least there aren’t also balloons. Back in DC I used to occasionally work holidays for my buddy that did all the downtown edible arrangements deliveries. Most of them had balloons and I was using a cycletruck and Burley trailer. You put as many of the balloons in the trailer, but you’d always have a few that only fit on the front, and you don’t want to strap them down since that just takes up the space for another package. So they just whip around in your face if you don’t wrangle the strings right.

I’m looking around at cargo bikes for haulin my kid when she’s old enough. I like the idea of a Bullitt, because I want a cargo bike for cargo anyway, any reason I should opt for a more kid oriented thing?

How old is old enough, btw? I guess I just strap a child seat onto the rack?

Is it worth building one up from a frame?

Can one ride that bike with road bars? My wrists hate straight bars. I’d need at least a lot of sweep, I guess.

Questions I haven’t thought to ask myself?

I spent a ton of time on flickr looking at different bullitt builds before my cargo bike came, and yeah people definitely ride drops, I imagine it would handle weird but they handle weird already and you get used to it. People run all sorts of cockpits, super upright with backwards stems, long and low, drops, cruisers, whatever. Choad stem and some wider drops would probably be a good starting point if you wanted drops maybe? Not sure if straws has ever run drops on any of the one’s he’s ridden. I built mine up from a frame cause I’m poor, but I had pretty much everything in the parts bin besides wheels.

[quote=aek]I’m looking around at cargo bikes for haulin my kid when she’s old enough. I like the idea of a Bullitt, because I want a cargo bike for cargo anyway, any reason I should opt for a more kid oriented thing?

How old is old enough, btw? I guess I just strap a child seat onto the rack?

Is it worth building one up from a frame?

Can one ride that bike with road bars? My wrists hate straight bars. I’d need at least a lot of sweep, I guess.

Questions I haven’t thought to ask myself?[/quote]
Omnium Cargo or their Mini-Max is the way to go.
They have a mount for the Thule Yepp Maxi seat which is probably what you want your kid to ride in.

I like that you could talk with your kid while riding an Omnium set up like that, but with the huge Yepp in place, you don’t have a cargo bike anymore. I’d 100% go for an xtracycle / longtail over that - they’re good toddler / small kid haulers.

I think a pretty wide range of bar options works on a cargo bike. You’re not riding for very long, and you’re probably stopping a lot, so seriously sub-optimal fit/postitions all work reasonably well. My Xtracycle came with a seatpost that was 5cm too short, and I just rode with an over-bent knee for a couple of years. For 1-3 miles at a go, it’s entirely tolerable.