GONE Lake MX-237 MTB Shoes, Size 47 Wide, free + shipping

I haven’t worn these shoes in a while (using road shoes these days), and they’re a half size too big for me. Shimano cleats still attached, but they’re quite used. You can have them if you pay for shipping which will be around $20.

The bad:

• one-way Boa dials, tighten only
  • quite used
  • dirty - they can be cleaned up a bit but some of the staining is not removable at this point, I’ve tried
  • interior is leather so they can squeak a bit from the leather tongue moving against the leather interior - probably depends on how they fit, may not happen to you
  • leather needs conditioning, tongues are pretty stiff

The good:

• mechanically sound, still should have life left
  • other than being one-way, Boa dials still work fine
  • stiff carbon soles which are in great shape
  • insoles are basically new (I always use high-arch Specialized insoles)
  • free! (+ shipping)

EDIT: Gone to @jimmythefly!

Damn…please comment on size compared to what you wear in some other shoe, perhaps with sock thickness info?

I’m like 99% sure these would work great for me but don’t want to put you through shipping without being more sure.

I don’t know that I can give any useful info here. I haven’t worn non-Lake cycling shoes in years, and my recent experiments with other brands have gone very poorly. I think my feet must be pretty weird - they are widest near the toes, so finding a wide enough toe box is paramount, and most cycling shoes are just way too narrow for me. I tried a pair of Specialized in the last year that I couldn’t even get my feet in - I literally could not put them on at all. :man_shrugging:

The only pair of cycling shoes I have had some amount of success trying recently was a pair of Bont Vaypor+ in 47 wide - like these Lakes, they were a touch too long but otherwise fit pretty well - sadly their “bathtub” sole thing didn’t work for me, because it intersected with my quite pronounced 5th metatarsal tuberosity.

In terms of casual shoes, I pretty much only ever wear these in a 12 wide, which is probably not helpful either.

The box for these Lakes says the foot length is 296.5-300mm and they’re equivalent to a US 13 which feels about right to me. Compared to other cycling shoe brands, they are much wider and have a higher volume. I don’t think I can say anything more intelligent than that. :confused:

FWIW shipping them will not be much hassle for me, so don’t let that deter you - they fit in my mailbox so I don’t even need to leave the house! :smiley: