Graffiti or safety measure?

The story seems to hint that this draws out the best/safest bike paths on a road, but I think it’s more geared towards marking shit up…

I think it’s a cool idea though, and kinda nice looking. I also have a bad feeling this has been posted before, and I’m just gonna get yelled at.

repost

I saw one that ended in a dark, congealed mass of cruorous gore.

I veered slightly to the right of it. It works!

What city did you see this in? I’m very curious…

it’s not graffiti by definition or legality. it’s not permanent.

Hmm… I didn’t realize it wasn’t permanent. How unpermanent is it?

Hmm… I didn’t realize it wasn’t permanent. How unpermanent is it?[/quote]

Internet sarcasm is very hard to decipher. Please clarify if you are being serious or not.

Internet sarcasm is very hard to decipher. Please clarify if you are being serious or not.[/quote]

I wasn’t being sarcastic at all, but after clicking through a link to get more info I realize now it is chalk. I didn’t know chalk on the ground was by the law not considered graffitti. Where do they draw the line? I mean clearly spray paint is illegal but it is not permanent that in at some point it will be gone…

Does the law give any timeline? 5 days? a month? Anyone happen to know?

Internet sarcasm is very hard to decipher. Please clarify if you are being serious or not.[/quote]

I wasn’t being sarcastic at all, but after clicking through a link to get more info I realize now it is chalk. I didn’t know chalk on the ground was by the law not considered graffitti. Where do they draw the line? I mean clearly spray paint is illegal but it is not permanent that in at some point it will be gone…

Does the law give any timeline? 5 days? a month? Anyone happen to know?[/quote]

I think if it takes more than water and nature to come off then it’s considered graffiti. But don’t hold me to that.

its chalk.
…like powder chalk from home depot

cars leave something behind that last much longer

wow

OP, There’s a difference between graffiti and vandalism, you know. In this case the chalk is neither. Otherwise I guess the 5-0 could roll up on some little kids chalking the sidewalk in front of their house…

And it washes off in the rain. If there was a paint roller there instead of a piece of chalk, I think it would be a different story.

thatd be badass

i’d rock the paint roller

only if it painted like this

[quote=solbrothers]only if it painted like this

[/quote]

you’d get tons of people walking slowly and following it though

I think it’d be cool in a place like portland, but my cobblestones and great bike paths make it dumb.

i’ve always thought these things were a hella weird idea.