Grown-Ass BMX Bikes

Will discobot remember the mean things we say about it when it rises up against us?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: fuck you, pay me

15 Likes

Real talk can we change discobot’s default responses to a set of Tarck catchphrases

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Yes. We can edit everything it says. I believe the fortune thing has 8 options.

So:

• fuck you, pay me
  • riding up a hill is bullshit
  • :smilinggrant:
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • only when drunk
2 Likes

Tarck is about <insert_random_word_here>

folks want options

amirite

:smilegrant:

The frame is the frame

atmo

1 Like

Brought this one home today, didn’t know if this belonged here or the MTB thread?
Figured it was silly enough for this one. Get me into turning around on quarter pipes?

5 Likes

I learned on my BMX by doing flatland 180s, but it was a long time ago.

Skills with Phil has some good tips, I think, starting around the 7:45 mark:

1 Like

I’ll just put this here.

Got two skateparks close to home, I’ve skated both but it’s way different on the bike. One of them I never really cared for skating I thought would be a blast on the bike really just wasn’t, mostly because of metal ramp surface. Figured it’d be kind of slippery but it’s super slippery, meh. The other park is no shit a scaled up tech-deck kit. It’s fun to skate but kind of hard to get a good flow between stuff, no problem flowing on a bike though. I think this bike will satisfy the urge I get every few years to get back into skateboarding that usually ends up with a stupid injury.

This is the fun park.

This shit is fun, the two lines to the right are scary as hell doe.

6 Likes

when i first started jumping, i figured eventually the other ones would seem less scary… then i moved up to large and it was terrifying every time, despite not ever casing, and i just went back to medium. medium is my safe zone.

I haven’t been riding the DJ lately. The winds have been picking up in the evening, making any amount of air sketchy. I nearly high-sided on a transfer after getting caught by a gust.

The expert and pro line at this park both have a big drop into the roll in, kinda helps keep people like me from getting in over my head with the big jumps. The medium is fun enough for someone getting into this shit in their mid 40’s. They just added a mulch jump ima try soonish.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, that’s nuts. Way to crank El Toro to 11.

I decided to see if I could learn to do a moto whip. Of course, the run I filmed was the ugliest of the day. It’s vertical, but it was shot by a professional.

I find it’s easier to kick out (at least with style) with your front foot.