h+son sl42 as crit rims... report

That makes sense, and I’m sure that method will make a lot more sense when I can see it in front of me. This is going to be my winter project so I have time to slowly acquire all the tools I need before I buy the parts.

[quote=PROMONARC]something so low profile it only covers the bead, make it kinda round so it can just look like it’ part of my tire.
faux-tubulars that have spokes coming out[/quote]

Is anyone still making anything like this?

[quote=PROMONARC]something so low profile it only covers the bead, make it kinda round so it can just look like it’ part of my tire.
This would be awesome.
Hard anodize please.

[quote=tzusing]These are out. And have been out for awhile. QBP did not order them tho. =(
You can get them from my store.[/quote]

oh, swell. i wrongly assumed qbp ordered everything.

fuck, I wish I’d known that a month ago. Good idea

im building up a 650c SL42 for my new TT frame :slight_smile:
so stoked

Sweet! Thanks for the support. Did you get it thru QBP?

You should get some low-profile rims out in time for the frame release. I’d love to build up that frame with some true box rims, i.e., not Open Pros, more like MA2’s.

[quote=Rusty Piton][quote=PROMONARC]something so low profile it only covers the bead, make it kinda round so it can just look like it’ part of my tire.
This would be awesome.
Hard anodize please.[/quote]
yes.

You should get some low-profile rims out in time for the frame release. I’d love to build up that frame with some true box rims, i.e., not Open Pros, more like MA2’s.[/quote]

The Sun CR18 is a pretty good option.

… I dunno how they are in 700c, but my 27" CR-18’s are absolute hell to get the tires off. That being said, they’re reasonably light and tough as nails.

i thought those cr-18s were like rolling bricks

You should get some low-profile rims out in time for the frame release. I’d love to build up that frame with some true box rims, i.e., not Open Pros, more like MA2’s.[/quote]

Ambrosio Excellence. The internet pictures don’t do 'em justice, check them out irl.

i rode one as a rear for a while, no problems

pretty wide, though. i think the m13a (m13i? something) is a more narrow, same profile

i want some gp-4esque clinchers.

RC540s

nah, shallower and dark grey or black and not used.

^^ See above for my previous suggestion. They come in black, dark grey (they call it Titan or something) and silver.

Fuck, I feel like a shill. Anyway, I don’t even own a set - I just really like them. If I had a regular use for narrow-ish tires, they’d be the rims.

It’s a little higher profile, but Open Pros come in a ceramic and anodized version which looks like old tubulars.

yeah, i already have OP cd’s. they look/are rad but there is just something so sexy about the extra-thinness of those old tubulars. i should stop derailing this thread. h+'s are rad, let’s talk about those.