HAMLETS

Not personally but guy I used to ride with used one in the winter. Said it worked great.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know—I’m thinking the neon one will at the very least give me the option for more viz when i need it.

Definitely used one for several winters and it was honestly fucking awesome.

1 Like

Dang high praise. I have a Sphere, going to grab one even though I don’t totally love the helmet.

I was sad when I had to trash the helmet and cover. I’m buying a new one today.

my POC Ventral came through for me when I busted my collarbone.

probably gonna get an Omne to replace it unless there are better contenders out there now?

2 Likes

Not sure how many of the Omne models this might be true for but I ordered an Omne Air in large and the side straps (non-adjustable) were too short and touched the bottom of my ear. It’s enough of an issue that there are a bunch of Amazon reviews saying the same thing. This wasn’t an issue with my POC mtb helmet.

Photo borrowed from a user review:

1 Like

Yeah that’d be a deal breaker…. there’s the older Omne air spin model and a newer mips model that looks like it might have different straps. Guess I’ll find out?

I’ve got two new Omne Air Spins in white (long story), M and L if you/anybody wants 'em.

Maybe?

I need a new helmet and it seems the shops around here don’t have many to try on.

I also have this helmet and was surprised by this. I was able to adjust them forward so that they don’t touch my ears but it wasn’t easy. And they juuuuusssst clear.
Otherwise, I love this helmet.

1 Like

Do you remember what it took to do this? I have one of these and it’s pretty much perfect except that the front strap overlaps my lobe enough for it to not completely disappear on my noggin (though my lobe is detached so it’s not crazy pressure)

For more pics plz sign up for my OnlEarFans

1 Like

I just pushed the strap through the little plastic piece. It’s a continuous strap going through that thing.

1 Like

Oh dang I hadn’t thought about that! Thank you for enlightening me

I probably should have specified not adjustable for length. It can slide back and forth on the strap loop which might position the cradle low spot below your lobe.

1 Like

Get me into an aero helmet that doesn’t look like an aero helmet

always the same answer. Kask Protone.

3 Likes

I would also say the new Giro Eclipse works well as a aero helmet that doesn’t look like one… bc it’s a Helios with some aero bits on it.

You can also get something from lazer like a Strada Kineticore and then buy an aero shell you slap on when u wanna be extra aero (or warm during winter)

2 Likes

Not a fan of lazer tbh

what brands have a good fit for an xl round head these days?