Hi Everyone

I’m Czech, but thank you.

I Got HED 3

What was on there before?

Sorry I missed you when you were in town. I never got to ride with any of the Farfast or BKK Fixed kids.

Do you know if the race is still happening on the 20th?

That guy’s shirt say “Kill All Artist”?

[quote=“TimArchy”]What was on there before?

Sorry I missed you when you were in town. I never got to ride with any of the Farfast or BKK Fixed kids.

Do you know if the race is still happening on the 20th?[/quote]

I don’t know about the race i’ll check with Ball and will let u know
My front was Aerospoke before.
C u :slight_smile:

Is that threadless adapter?

yes

Thailand looks like fun. these pictures are all really cool.
its crazy how similar the style is

the internet is killing diversity
its like we have a global culture now

The frustrating thing about the scene here is that so many of the kids only think about tricks. It is tough to get them to race sometimes, and many of their bikes aren’t set up for actually riding hard. There is a very strong sentiment against brakes for some reason. Maybe for barspins, maybe for style. I don’t know.

I was sitting at a starbucks the other night doing work (they are the only coffee shop in town that has soymilk). A kid rides by, sees my bike and turns around. We can barely communicate, but he gets that although I’m riding a road bike now, I ride fixed too. So he pushes his bike at me and says “show me”. I’m trying to figure out how I’m supposed to show him how to skip and skid and race in traffic. Then I realize he wants me to show him my tricks (which consist of a few trackstand variations and backward circles). He looked thoroughly unimpressed by my skill. I couldn’t explain that I think doing tricks is stupid and that I’m actually quite a good rider when I’m not on some crappy too-small conversion under the expectation that I’m going to throw down a tail whip.

We did ride together for a bit. He took me to his friend’s shop that sells thrift store t-shirts and dickies. That was actually pretty cool. They all liked my bike, mostly the color. The kid didn’t look too secure on the bike and I told him he needed a brake (he had earlier pointed out that he was riding a suicide hub). He just smiled and emphatically shook his head.

At least now I know where a few more fixed riders are. I do have a feeling that 20 yr old kids in the states would confuse me the same way.

Hi Happy new year for everyone here
Love to ride love to live

www.siamfixed.com

This is my web C u there???

welcome to the forum. its scary how nice you guys are being :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck you siamfixed!! :bear:

siamfixed is so frickin tarck. threadless adapter?! badass

Night ride 18-01-09 nice view in Bangkok

Sick pics, looks like a lot of fun!

Damn, I need to get down there and ride again.

Ake, do you know if the race is ever going to happen?

Most of the people riding fixed gear in Asia are Japanese pop/street wear culture philes. I see this in taiwan, china, and what i could make of hk.
The reason tricking is more popular in asia is because of the Japanese take on the whole thing. They use hip Japanese kids as reference and not scruffy bike messengers. This of course is a very blanket statement.

[quote=“tzusing”]Most of the people riding fixed gear in Asia are Japanese pop/street wear culture philes. I see this in taiwan, china, and what i could make of hk.
The reason tricking is more popular in asia is because of the Japanese take on the whole thing. They use hip Japanese kids as reference and not scruffy bike messengers. This of course is a very blanket statement.[/quote]

This has been my experience so far in Korea, although a lot of the bikes I see here have brakes.

There is a strong anti-brake sentiment in thailand. And I agree with Tzusing. Many of us emulated, or worked as, messengers when we started riding. The scene progressed beyond that before many kids over here caught wind. They put more emphasis on the bike as part of a social scene as opposed to a bike being a vehicle or tool.

Tzusing, your statement is really true about how it is here in Japan.
It is really sad how fixed gear = tricks only. It is as if the people that sucked at skating found a new “hobby” to do get their trick on. I loved the comment my friend said to me the other day about how I ride/use my bike. He said to me “Why don’t you just get a road bike?” It is frustrating also how there are many velodromes here (I have 2 within a 30min ride) but I cannot ride there because I am a “street” rider with no club affiliation. The velodrome is keirin only. They look down upon anyone riding a track bike on the street that is not a keirin racer training on the road. You are either a street trick kid or a keirin racer.
Hopefully more than 10 people will show up for the next race I am planning :colbert: