Holy shit/Bike Shop lulz

why were you trying to put a tube inside of a horizon?

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Yeah so back to bike shop lulz
Remember when you called me an asshole for saying it was physically impossible to mount a horizon with a tube to a wtb freq? Well, went to the bike shop and they spent 4 tubes trying to get it on there and then told me “no fucking way, tubeless only”
Nyah Nyah told you so
I was only using the tube to get the bead set but then it became a challenge[/quote]

Challenge accepted

wtf that combo will mount with a floor pump

So why the tube?

Jfc

Because it was a challenge

smdh

A challenge like the salted ice challenge

Hey Mig, I challenge you to smoke a whole pack of cigarettes in under an hour.
I’ll be you can’t do it!

I hear it is impossible to drink a gallon of milk in an hour, maybe you should do that too.

Pro tip: add salt to hand sanitizer to get 70% alcohol

Have any of you older shopbros actually seen a failed Shimano Silent Clutch hub? I’m wondering what the failure mode was. Most of the internet talk seems either anecdotal or broke-ass trialsbros who couldn’t afford CK hubs.

Alternatively, do any of your shops happen to have a 130mm 7speed 36h Shimano cassette hub in NOSway kicking around in the back of a drawer that no one would miss?

[quote=johnnyraja]

This is helpful. While I do bleed customers’ brakes after a hose cut just cuz, if you’re careful it usually feels like it’s not strictly necessary.[/quote]

I accidentally ordered one of these last week. Holy crap, this might be the coolest tool i’ve ever bought, such a neat design.
Also the instruction booklet is comically HEUGE, I was cracking up.

Man I almost bought one of those with my last german order but decided I didn’t have the extra dough laying around. I realllllyyyy want one!

Are you finally gonna install the Hope brakes?

Yeah, I was planning to do them this weekend now that I have all the supplies and I’m not fighting any maintenance fires on the other bikes.

can’t wait to hear your thoughts on the install and the performance

Nooooo, none of my syringe adapters fit the M5 bleed port on the Hope RX4.
What is the deal with bleed kits? Tell me what I need to obtain to avoid this mistake again. It feels hard to trust broad descriptions like “Fits Brand V,W,X,Y,Z brakes” without model specificity or thread descriptions.
I contacted Hope Tech, I’m amazed there isn’t a recommendation under some tech FAQ. It would be even better if they included the adapter with every purchase, it’s probably a $2 hunk of plastic.

This one maybe looks promising? https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=78657

Guy calls at 6:52pm - I’m coming over, need an adapter for a pump.
Guy shows up at 6:59pm - complains about price of presta adapter. Starts asking about multitools and grabs the cheapest one, even though it won’t work for his needs (need t25 and something else). It’s 7:10pm and I ring him out, mind you, we closed at 7pm.
Guy knocks on door at 7:15pm. ‘I want to return this, I got another for 2 dollars at Ace next door’.

Thanks asshole. Fine. Was super tempted to tell him I had closed the register, but didn’t want to see him again for a while.

I glanced at the Ace hardware set in his hands while processing the return.

SAE.

I said nothing.

actual lol

At a friend’s bike shop…

Courier van turns up with two brand new bikes in boxes. Double parks out the front of the shop. Driver brings one box in, dumps it in the doorway and asks the dude working to sign for both. He signs. Driver says to him to come out and get the other box out of the van, he goes out there, the box is in the van, beat up, torn, etc. Bike shop dude takes out his phone and starts taking photos of the box in the van to show the damage to the it before he touches it. Driver cracks the shits, shuts up the van and drives off. Meanwhile, the dude at the bike shop has already signed for two boxes, but only has one.

He ended up making a complaint with the courier company, they get the new bike in the destroyed box. He was saying all the gear cables were fucked, look like they’d been chewed on.