iro mark v
nitto b201aa with ourys
nitto pearl
vittoria zaffiro tires
vetta saddle
sugino 75
some kind of seatpost

what about wheelset/pedals?

why nice parts on a cheap frame? like, that build is clearly bling, parts bin the stem and risers adn seat post.
what wheels?

Just make sure that you spring for the Superlap bottom bracket!!!

also, I may be mistaken, but arent pearl’s quill and Mark V’s 1 1/8?
also, be aware that putting half as much as you put into your frame into a bar stem combo is pretty silly imo. Especially when any shop worth it’s salt should have a box of old risers you can pick through for 10 or 15 bucks.
If you are set on a mark V, I would say go for whatever seatpost you can find that looks ok for like 35 dollars, parts bin risers and stem (or find a deal on a stem), and get sugino RD’s or andels or something. Spend the money I’m saving you on a carbon fork to drop some weight (spending money that will result in differences you can feel, no way!)
Also, why drop 40+ bucks on tires you will shred through? Get something nice for the front, and whatever for the rear. Michelin makes like an orium or something, I used to get em for 18 bucks from my LBS and they were money.
Saddle seems like an alright idea though I guess…

Zaffiros… what a shit tire. Don’t ever pay for Zaffiros.

Zaffiros wear out really fast.

[quote=“frankstoneline”]why nice parts on a cheap frame? like, that build is clearly bling, parts bin the stem and risers adn seat post.
what wheels?[/quote]

I don’t get this either. What’s the obsession with parts whose value far exceeds that of the frame, but whose utility is suspect?

The defense could be that you can always take the parts to a better frame when you upgrade, but I agree that it sounds like overkill. You would be better served returning some of that stuff and invest the money in better wheel/rubber.

I would normally agree with you, but in this situation the kid is looking at threaded stems for threadless bikes and shopping for risers that really cost much more money than they’re worth.

I’m with david on the parts bin risers, but I’m picky enough that I’d look for nice sale stuff for the post and stem. Fit being more important than brand. As for wheels, some Formulas to CXP22 jammers would last you forever, assuming you got them trued/tensioned after they got to you.

And you definitely need a super duper flashy bright ass CK headset. Well, not really, but yeah. You do.*

*[size=50]no you don’t.[/size]

[quote=“crushkilldestroy”]I would normally agree with you, but in this situation the kid is looking at threaded stems for threadless bikes and shopping for risers that really cost much more money than they’re worth.

I’m with david on the parts bin risers, but I’m picky enough that I’d look for nice sale stuff for the post and stem. Fit being more important than brand. As for wheels, some Formulas to CXP22 jammers would last you forever, assuming you got them trued/tensioned after they got to you.

And you definitely need a super duper flashy bright ass CK headset. Well, not really, but yeah. You do.*

*[size=50]no you don’t.[/size][/quote]

well i wanted a drop stem and those were around but i’m not set on buying them (and at $60 dollars i’d rather not anyway) the risers are only $35 however. my old road bike has a drop stem on it if i could ever get it unstuck from the fork i’d use that. and i was gonna get the zaffiros because i wanted white tires but if i get those white mavrics you linked i’d get black tires.

once again, you are looking at quill stems for a threadless bike. duz nut werk.
I would say, find a parts bin stem, bars and then maybe spend some dollars on like, a thompson, as seatposts can be a pain in the ass if you cheap out sometimes. Otherwise, thats way overkill on the cranks and shit, and you wont notice any performance benefits, unless you are trying to get sloppy beej’s from scene girls and then you are still going to fail.

I’d go for RDs or the IRO cranks, whichever are cheaper.

andels are 144 bcd and comparable in price, if thats what you’re into.

haha

i have a rear zaffiro. i got it for 2.50 and its held up fine.