http://www.bostonfixedgear.com/index.html

sweet.

this, too, is my dream track bike

gear ratio is 46t by 15t for even tire wear.

I like how the hub in the top image is for a freewheel.

nice flip flop hub, bro

dudes they have PRESS RELEASES

Who are you guys?
Often the stuff of local folklore, we are indeed just a couple of guys that really like bikes.

What’s a “flip-flop” rear hub?
The rear hub is the component that connects the rear wheel to the bike and allows it to spin smoothly. A “flip-flop” hub is threaded on both sides. One side has threads for a fixed gear cog and lockring. The other has threads for a freewheel cog.

All Boston Fixed Gear bikes include rear “flip-flop” hubs standard, ready for single speed conversion. Just add a single speed cog on our order form and have the best of both worlds. To switch from a fixed gear (no coasting) to a single speed bike (coasting), all you have to do is loosen the rear wheel, flip it around, and re-tighten it with the chain in place. The whole process takes less than a minute and we’d be happy to show you how it’s done. Feel free to contact us for more information.

whys it called boston fixed gear, shouldnt it be called arlington fixed gear…

PS
the bike in their logo has shitty geometry

This is just wrong and demonstrates how stupid these people are, and why no one should patronize this business.

This is a singlespeed cog, and it will NOT fit on a “flip-flop hub.”

This will fit on a flip-flop hub, and it is most definitely not a singlespeed cog.

if i remember correctly, they started selling conversions on craigslist. haw.

East coast version of mission bicycles?

This is just wrong and demonstrates how stupid these people are, and why no one should patronize this business.[/quote]
They also sorta coasted around the part about how your shiny new singlespeed is gonna need some brakes, too.

[quote=tepr]
This is a singlespeed cog, and it will NOT fit on a “flip-flop hub.”

This will fit on a flip-flop hub, and it is most definitely not a singlespeed cog.
[/quote]