I get dropped by old dudes wearing hi-vis vests and campy dayglo bodysuits

Bootleg castelli wool jerseys
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F391928673316

That is the weirdest logo

Pbp dates announced

Who’s tryna get skinny on the corndog/Gatorade diet?

I’m going to get fat on bandit rando and beer runs. I’ll be watching this thread for continued inspiration, though.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]Pbp dates announced
[/quote]

Where? I’ve checked the website a few times and it (still) looks like it hasn’t been updated since 1964

I’m naively planning on PBP 2019. As a start I want to complete standard series up to 400km this year.

I’m shooting for a full series, and if I become the Regional Brevet Administrator for my region, I’ll be the one organizing them! Definitely want to do PBP 2019; the plan right now is to be the RBA, organize a fall series in 2018 and an early spring 2019 qualifying series.

Braden has mentioned a few events in the area, I’ll underscore that anyone in the VA/DC/MD area should come ride here, there’s a lot brewing for this year and next.

[quote=dotMR][quote=NOVELTYNAME]Pbp dates announced
[/quote]

Where? I’ve checked the website a few times and it (still) looks like it hasn’t been updated since 1964
[/quote]
Audax Club Parisien’s FB page (its OFFICIAL) don’t expect their website to be updated until day-of the event

Will our club have a name?
Can it be “dem six fifty boys”?

Velo club 650 Richmond

Richmond Bicycle Riders’ and Accounting Club

Richmond Associated Bicycling Association
Motto: “No, not that RABA”

It looks as if other clubs don’t care if we make a RVA brevet administration region, so I’m going to get going with RUSA as soon as my current shitstorm of work clears up a little.

There’s some rando drama going on on a FB pbp advice thread - some guy said real Randonneurs are self sufficient and don’t need to change their clothes on a 1200k, so I started #realrandonneurs

#Sagwagonneuring

I think about this all the time—though not to that extreme. Drop bags are nice, but I’ve carried my own spare bibs on a 600k, nbd.
My local RBA is big on support, and he’s usually stuck doing it. I like the brevets where you only see the volunteer at beginning, possibly overnight, and end.

It goes both ways. A true shoestring brevet can be cool, but so is a bag full of dry clothes and ensure at km 400.

Registration opened up at some point Friday for the brevet series of my local org (Berlin). All 90 spots in each event were sold out by Sunday when I checked

#realrandonneursetreminders

Clubs first 200k is tomorrow. I feel out of shape but I’m going to give it a try

Similar situation here.

I dnfd at ~105km. I have excuses

So…what happened?
I passed on it as I’ve had the flu and have been sick for two+ weeks. I still don’t feel like I could ride a Tarck Century.
Pro tip: don’t get influenza.