I went for a ride today, here are some pictures (old)

This was my first question, too.

lol hell no!

@Andrew, I hear you went on the eclipse ride with my friend and his lady, he said your bike is nice.

I demand pictures.

[quote=kmcdon]@Andrew, I hear you went on the eclipse ride with my friend and his lady, he said your bike is nice.

I demand pictures.[/quote]

new phone, who dis?
pictures probably coming soon. I have backlog of 15 events I need to do.

Wew.

My friend Skyler rode around on a borrowed niner, and he was with a girl named Molly.

oh rad, nice to finally meet Molly IRL and Skyler for the first time.
Pretty cute how they had matching bikes with different accent colors.

We’re trying real hard to get him on some sort of adventure bike back home, currently the only bike he owns is some bustedass fixed gear, which is fine for the city but it’s NOT GOOD ENOUGH for sick adventuring.

Also off topic I’m gonna need your color-matchymatchy advice when the HG comes in.

Is this the Skyler from Portland who is like 5’ tall?

No, I don’t think so. My skyboy is almost 6" tall, from indy, and only lived in PDX for about 9 months.

Ok, different Skyler.

Ok, finally uploaded my photos from the Total Solar Eclipse ride. I was planning to trash 80% of the photos I took but figured some cyclists that participated might want to trawl the full set for photos of themselves. Sorry to make you wade through redundant moments.

Also of note to Tarck community, I got to meet a woman who I believe might be Fred’s female doppelganger. She was badass, quirky, funny & a huge bike nerd.

Got a couple of my buddy in there on his borrowed niner :slight_smile:

is that the same Seattle lady that people met at Peddler a few times and posed in a pont83 jersey?

Oh, don’t think I know about her. The woman I know is Liz from Portland

Some rides from last week. HG is approaching it’s final form.
Loaded up for spontaneous Fay Bainbridge campout

Lake Washington blackberry dithering

Spruce Rail Road picknicing/Olympic Adventure Trail slaying

how rad/rough is the Spruce Railroad right now?

it looked like they were planning to ADA it somewhat at least from the eastern end

[quote=JUGE FREDD]how rad/rough is the Spruce Railroad right now?

it looked like they were planning to ADA it somewhat at least from the eastern end[/quote]

East end was ADA’d for the first mile or so, still all gravel though. There’s been a tunnel blasted behind the swimming hole, no changes to the trail that goes low. The two trails link back up on the west side of the tunnel. I don’t think any other changes were made. I thought it was pretty rad.

Just snuck out for a lunch time pootle.

Ran some errands, then rode to the bike shop to test-ride a new Rove in my size.

It fits really well and I’m pretty much sold on it. Even with the lower parts spec (Tiagra) and some loose bottle cage bolts, I was really happy how quickly it accelerated and how stable it felt at high speed over railroad ballast. I know wide bars are en vogue right now, but 46cm bars felt kind of strange, even with the supposed extra leverage over rough stuff. Shrug.

Then took some single-and-doubletrack through a local park on my way to my last set of errands. Not wearing Lycra and riding with Blundstones on flat pedals is really nice.

I’m a little biased about Kona, but it’s hard to think of a better production “all-road” bike than the Rove.

Also, I hate wide road bars. I’m running 40cm on my Elephant, and that’s only because 38cm bars have limited options and don’t fit my Swift box in the middle.