I'm thinking about painting my bike purple

Nothing will be done to the welds.

And thank you.

Definitely looks badass like it is. I would keep it that way if I were you, but a polished finish wouldn’t look bad either.

Follow your heart.

[quote=“Al_”]Nothing will be done to the welds.

And thank you.[/quote]

How’s the sanding coming along?

[quote=“halbritt”][quote=“Al_”]Nothing will be done to the welds.

And thank you.[/quote]

How’s the sanding coming along?[/quote]

The sanding has not been started because i have not gone out and bought sanding paper.

I cant guarantee it but ill probably sand it within the next couple weeks. It will probably stay just sanded for a while cause i imagine it’ll look good like that, When im ready ill polish it.

i sanded the paint off my kilo tt fork for shits and giggles, mostly cause i was sick of the tape there covering the logos. its bare metal, not alum obvously, but am kinda stuck as to what to do next. i think im just going to paint it black again like the rest of the frame. not sure what else to do…?

your looks really nice though… for sure.

PAINT IT CLEAR!

Paint your fork neon yellow.

[quote=“Al_”]
The sanding has not been started because i have not gone out and bought sanding paper.

I cant guarantee it but ill probably sand it within the next couple weeks. It will probably stay just sanded for a while cause i imagine it’ll look good like that, When im ready ill polish it.[/quote]

Where the fuck do you live? I will send you supplies.

are you being a mr. joke-ster?

[quote=“JayNev”]i sanded the paint off my kilo tt fork for shits and giggles, mostly cause i was sick of the tape there covering the logos. its bare metal, not alum obvously, but am kinda stuck as to what to do next. i think im just going to paint it black again like the rest of the frame. not sure what else to do…?

your looks really nice though… for sure.[/quote]

Sand it until it’s really down to the bare metal. Wrap it with wet rags until it has a nice even coating of rust on it. Clean the loose rust off with some steel wool, then powdercoat it in clear. Make sure to tell the powdercoater not to sandblast it first.

this isn’t the VW car thread, is it?

[quote=“halbritt”][quote=“Al_”]

I cant guarantee it but ill probably sand it within the next couple weeks. It will probably stay just sanded for a while cause i imagine it’ll look good like that, When im ready ill polish it.[/quote]

Where the fuck do you live? I will send you supplies.[/quote]

It seems you would really like to see my bike as the finished product.

I see your from Oakland, Im from El Sobrante… If you don’t know where El Sobrante is, its about 15-20 from oakland near richmond. Allot of berkeley folk ive sold bikes and parts to have never been here or heard of it even though its right in their backyard.

[quote=“Al_”]
It seems you would really like to see my bike as the finished product.

I see your from Oakland, Im from El Sobrante… If you don’t know where El Sobrante is, its about 15-20 from oakland near richmond. Allot of berkeley folk ive sold bikes and parts to have never been here or heard of it even though its right in their backyard.[/quote]

I like to see people get shit done. That, and I just finished my bike, so I don’t have anything to work on.

Right… Get the rest of the paint off and start wet-sanding that shit. Following that, you have two options. You can bring the frame to my garage and use my bench grinder equipped with buffing wheels and other assorted tools, or I can drop off some rudimentary buffing supplies and you can go at it with a drill motor.

Changing the title/info isn’t enough, I have to bump this also?

wat?

he went back and edited his first post to reflect what he had done to his bike, let us know that he wasn’t satisfied with the color he painted it and wanted to ask us if we think that he would like a purple colored bike.

my centurion is purple and white

purple is the worst color ever

i grew up in a purple house

TRUTH