Is there a Fit thread?

As the seat angle gets steeper, what do I do about my seatpost and seat compared to a more slack bike?

https://www.biketinker.com/2011/bike-resources/bike-fit-geometry-relationships/

2 Likes

Steeper = saddle further forward. To get further back, you’ll need a setback seatpost.

1 Like

Minor position victory:
I’d been noticing that my left wrist was really hurting during yoga poses that put weight on my hands. I’d wondered if it had its origin in cycling, as most of my maladies do, so I was more attentive to how I felt while riding.
And yup, I’ve been getting into the drops more, and, after twenty minutes, had been twisting my grip so I could just dump weight into my hands. It put my wrist at exactly the angle that hurt. I don’t always have a good solution to stuff like this, but I think it nailed this one. It’s pretty satisfying, and is making me want to try to sort out my hamstring tightness imbalance

3 Likes

oops duplicate

love that. i have lately had a tendency of setting the hoods dead level causing my wrists to be at an unnatural angle. anyway this was seriously affecting certain yoga poses as well, mostly the plank type.

tilted them up a bit for a more natural wrist angle and helped so much with the longer distance rides.

currently realizing how saddle fore aft position is affecting what muscles are under/ overworked. almost found that balance!

I’ve been following bikefitjames on Instagram and he’s got a bunch of tips

I haven’t followed them but they’re there

2 Likes

That dude helped me sort out a leg length discrepancy caused by a tiny curvature of the spine. All I needed was a pressure relief saddle and orthotics, now I ride pain free. He answers questions directly through Francis Cade’s ‘Bike Fit Tuesday’s’ videos. :slight_smile:

I’ve been noticing my handlebars are too wide. I need my hoods to be shoulder-width apart, otherwise I keep sinking my neck into my shoulders. If the hoods are directly in line with my shoulders, it should make a stronger triangle.

Been riding these bars for a decade, but now I’m getting old and this shit is starting to matter a lot more.

Yes

Been following Francis Cade and ‘Bikefitjames’ on YouTube for quite a while now. They post videos every week with plenty of helpful advice. If you want an another opinion about being comfortable or faster on a bike leave a note in the comments section. :slight_smile:

You forgot SMASH that like button.

2 Likes

How applicable is the “view of front hub should be blocked by the handlebars” rule to sw8 hybrids?
it has always worked well for me for road bikes
my commuter has always felt a lil off and I’m wondering if this has anything to do with it

ONLY works for some road bikes.

Total shitshow on a longjohn

6 Likes

I have a lingering soreness on the outside of my right knee after riding
It’s the same on all my bikes so I think it’s a cleat thing
I can touch my toes so I think it’s not a flexibility thing
What would Tarck do?

Outside of knee smells like ITB band tightness maybe?

yeah totally what i was thinking maybe lower your saddle a bit?

Foam roll it bands, mess with cleat position

rotate your heal in… I think, it’s been a while since I read up on these things. Lowering your saddle could help too.

1 Like