It's Totally An Ad, But It's SOOOO Well Done.

That is a great shot. I love the use of speed to match the action right before the zoom out. As for the stillness of the image, with a solid camera that has some weight to it and a serious tripod (and maybe even sandbags) you can do it. Especially if they were using a Redrock-type adapter kit for the telephoto lens it would make the camera that much more substantial.

Tripod.

And to all the guys over analyzing, you act as if this is a philosophical treatise on cycling as opposed to an advertisement and a piece of art. Reminds me of when I watched Breaking Away with a bunch of roadies and all they could say was “Oh man these guys really need to get their bike fits checked out! Look at that weird pedal stroke!? And how can you make a breakaway on a single speed???”

It just makes the bike look friendlier to not see hardware. It’s intimidating to non-cyclists.

FTFY

haha

it is a Raleigh. maybe even the Raleigh. Why?

no u

it is a Raleigh. maybe even the Raleigh. Why?[/quote]
It actually looked okay on the small site. lame.

Seriously. I feel bad for the guy.

Seriously. I feel bad for the guy.[/quote]
Yeah, I chuckled a bit just at the ridiculousness of the situation, but by the end wanted to punch the hell outta those asshole critical massers or whoever they are.

Seriously. I feel bad for the guy.[/quote]

For sure. First couple times they interrupted it was a little funny, then it just turned childish and annoying with persistence.

i dunno, i’ve no sympathy. i wouldn’t have been yelling cuz that’s not me, but i thought it was funny.

and the other film…hasn’t that guy cleaned up in monster track the last couple of years or something?

Yeah, he has.

That video just made me long for shorts weather so bad…

truth. this is a direct quote from the shimano coasting website.

It also features a coaster, or foot operated, brake. With no confusing levers to complicate the experience, the rider is free to focus on the pure fun of pedaling.

Tripod.

And to all the guys over analyzing, you act as if this is a philosophical treatise on cycling as opposed to an advertisement and a piece of art. Reminds me of when I watched Breaking Away with a bunch of roadies and all they could say was “Oh man these guys really need to get their bike fits checked out! Look at that weird pedal stroke!? And how can you make a breakaway on a single speed???”[/quote]
I’m with you, it’s just a guy and a gal riding around town with a lot of cool shots and awesome music. Great video.

Notice that neither of them are riding shitty fuji tracks.

Just sayin’.

tireducken

[quote=“bonechilling”]Also, why do these videos always show people putting the wheels on their bikes before they ride? Did they take them off the night before? Are their New York apartments so small that they can’t fit their frame and wheels in at the same time?

Hutchinson tires suck, too.[/quote]

these videos? always? is there a conti or kenda ad that i haven’t seen?

Alfred is a fast motherfucker. MT winner 3 times in a row.

Hutchinson tires don’t suck, to whoever said it. The set that’s on Alfred’s bike in the video I have on mine and quite a few other messengers here ride them. The front one I’ve had since about October and it’s had a giant slash in it since December some time, never had a flat on it. I just killed a rear Gatorskin. It gave me two flats last week and then it finally died via a giant piece of glass in the bead yesterday. I skipped and all of sudden my ride got really bumpy. The Gatorskins don’t feel all that great, but then again, I wasn’t using the more expensive one. I was using the $45 one.

The Hutchinsons ride really, really nice. A hell of a lot better than the Gatorskin and 5 bucks less. They feel real stable on sharp turns, never feel like it’s gonna slip out. An excellent street tire I’d say. I’m brakeless, don’t skid unless I wanna be fancy through breaks in crowds of people crossing the street. Cutting back on skipping too, takes more energy to do than just resisting anyway…

Glass is fucking EVERYWHERE here though, for some fucking reason. Majority of all flats are from glass or little metal shards that are paper thin. If you ride at 120psi, you’re wheel should just fling most things away.