ITT CX bikes that can run 29er tires

i know i’ve seen a bmc cross/easton fork with 1.8’s

the bmc has 1.9 bontragers

DQ: because tires are round-ish, is it pretty straightforward to measure clearance and figure out what size tire will fit (within manufacturing variation from specs of course?) Reading this thread i am inflamed with a desire to put the fattest tires possible on my devinci.

from the salsa webstie for the la cruz fork

hope that helps

Yes it does… thanks Ranger

I am eventually converting my Cross-Check from randocheck to monstercross, I got some Bontrager Jones XR 1.8s that are 700x45 (they were pretty cheap - $23.99 - through Trek’s online store). From what I’ve read on MTBR, the biggest the Cross-Check can fit is the Panaracer FireCross 700x45 (which is really broad) and with those tires, you have to trim some of the side knobs to avoid rubs in back when mashing hard

When in doubt get the Conti Mountain King as they run very small for their size but are awesome super grippy tires. Specialized 2Bliss tires are better rolling though don’t have quite as much grip. IF I switch to tubless this season for cross I’ll be running 2Bliss tires as they have been fucking awesome on my 29er.

Redneck Unit tires fit my crossbiek just fine. :bear:

[quote=trackatino]Anyone got a confirmation on max size for Soma Doublecross?

Looks like lots of room to spare with that cross tire already installed.[/quote]

What sise do you ride? My 54 is for sale in the Marketplace.