joy of vaping liveblogs the big s HQ tour / corporate espionage

Mike the founder just gave the introduction infront of three of Carl Sagan’s bikes. I’m in the same tour group as Charlie Kelly and joe breeze.

Ask how many lawsuits Big S files every year.

they put us in the wind tunnel and turned it on

Saw the new stump jumper and then a guy talked a bunch about “trend forecasting” for colorways

was it this guy

checking out the machine shop — sweet 5 axis CNC and wire edm

now looking at carbon layups

I really wish I could have made it in time for this, but the drive from SJC sucked.

[quote=lukasz]was it this guy

https://www.instagram.com/hellhommus/[/quote]

Sadly no

Are you in town for sea otter? Thinking about driving down tomorrow or Friday, wanna have a tarck up?

Are you in town for sea otter? Thinking about driving down tomorrow or Friday, wanna have a tarck up?[/quote]

I’m in Salinas. Unfortunately, my schedule is booked solid.

Are we calling Peter Sagan = Carl Sagan or was Carl really a big S fanboi?

I’m confused.

Don’t spend enough time hear to keep up with references anymore…

tarckup at sea otter on Friday? Dirt/Road ride with coworkers and the Giant rep Friday morning and then eating at 5pm with Giant folks at their ‘luau’.

Who else is there?

I’m still deciding between heading down tomorrow or Friday, depending on when sup needs the car. Are you just going Friday?

I have no industry contacts so it’d just be me: regular dude, of the general public, who’s never been before. Is it worth taking a bike along?

[quote=tjayk]Are we calling Peter Sagan = Carl Sagan or was Carl really a big S fanboi?

I’m confused.

Don’t spend enough time hear to keep up with references anymore…[/quote]

They were Peter’s bikes, that was a substitution i just made up. Don’t feel bad!

First time for me as well. I’m just going Friday, as losing two full days of sales in the shop is not something we want to do.

You’re in SJ/Willow Glen? Do you have a mtb? Or fat tire road thing?

Yep in SJ

I’ve got both: a 90s trek 720 with 35s and a honzo.

2/10 thread