Junk going numb on rollers?

oh ok. i don’t have one

this[/quote]

no. it is because on the road you are putting out a lot more power which decreases the amount of weight that is on your saddle. on the rollers there is WAY less resistance, therefore less lift from your legs when you pedal.

trainers are also smooth, but noone (including the OP) has complained about the same thing on their trainer - because you can get way more resistance from a trainer (see above).[/quote]

This makes sense.

Also, without that resistance to push on it makes it much harder to stand and support yourself off the seat.

So besides being a lot more fun then trainers and smother spin and all of that, Why are we riding rollers?

i haz a roller trainer, but havent spent enough time on it to get numb :stuck_out_tongue:

^ that should work, but mine came w/ a mag resistance unit

^ it does work, and my roller set came with it :P.

Throw some big heavy tires like Randonneurs on your bike and dip that pressure down to like 45 PSI. You’ll have way more resistance… it wears out tires faster to ride low-pressure on rollers, but hey, that’s where the Randonneur comes to the rescue. Definitely not something to do with your track tubulars.

I showed up at a riding buddy’s house at 6:45 this morning for a ride and of course he was still getting ready :colbert: so I got to ride his rollers for a few minutes while I waited. I was trying to ride no-handed, messed up, couldn’t get my foot out of the pedal in time, fell and put my handlebars through his window.

I told him I wasn’t going to pay for the damage because it only happened because he was running late and he agreed. Hahahahahaha. :bear:

Zombie you’re not allowed on my rollers unless you’re using them in the middle of the back yard.

x2 but on my roof. and u break urself, u buy it

try relaxing. Everytime I see people riding my rollers, or riding rollers around me they are super tense and tend to slide forward a lot on the saddle, but if you just relax and adjust your saddle position to stay comfy you should be fine. I realized this a couple months ago adn havent had issues since.

[quote=“DDYTDY”][quote=“tjayk”]

no. it is because on the road you are putting out a lot more power which decreases the amount of weight that is on your saddle. on the rollers there is WAY less resistance, therefore less lift from your legs when you pedal.

trainers are also smooth, but noone (including the OP) has complained about the same thing on their trainer - because you can get way more resistance from a trainer (see above).[/quote]

This makes sense.

Also, without that resistance to push on it makes it much harder to stand and support yourself off the seat.

So besides being a lot more fun then trainers and smother spin and all of that, Why are we riding rollers?[/quote]
My rollers have two resistance settings and yet my junk still goes numb whenever I ride for more than 30 mins.
I am at wit’s end.

Try standing up for a few seconds every few minutes. This is obviously harder with the resistance on.

^ that. Do some standing drills which take some practice.

sometimes my junk goes numb when im soakin’

rusty: another thing to try if you haven’t is changing your position on the saddle. i have an arione on my trainer bike and i have a lot of room to slide forward and back to change my position a bit. i will also lean back with no hands for a while.

this[/quote]

tjayk knows.

To balance pedal stroke between right and left leg. You automatically do it on rollers because you’re having to balance your stroke in order to not spin your way off the rollers.

To balance pedal stroke between right and left leg. You automatically do it on rollers because you’re having to balance your stroke in order to not spin your way off the rollers.[/quote]

if i can barely put in 30 minutes on my rollers, i think i would use a trainer even less. although if would like a trainer for pre-race warm up, plus i could eat food/read a book while on the trainer…

I watch cartoons when I’m on my rollers.

If you are feeling squirely when getting out of the saddle/nohands your front roller could be too far out/too far in. I find I’m most stable on them when the center of the front roller is just a bit further forward than my front axle.