Lights

Some ass-master stole my lights last night. I know better than to leave them on the bike, but I thought I was going to be quick. When I got back they were gone. What’s are some good obnoxious bright as fuck lights that run on regular batteries?

I’m thinking about buying these: http://www.rei.com/product/765703, but I always did like the Mars 3.0 I had too.

Any other contenders? No tiny hipster stuff like the knogs.

That REI combo is seriously all you need. The Super Flash is absurdly bright, and that front light is perfectly adequate.

I have that combo.
the blaze is nice, but too heavy for its mount and constantly rotates. After a few big bumps its either pointing to the sky or the ground

http://www.rei.com/product/745533

I love this light. People complain about the mounting a lot, but I’ve found having hang on the bottom of my bars is perfect. It’s the only one I’ve used for about a year and a half. Good stuff. :bear:

I had one of those cateyes for a long time and I did really like it.
They’ve just jumped up in price and there are a lot of other options available that throw way more light for less money. The strap mount is nice thought, that light never rattled.

I really like my Cateye rear light. I think its the 5 LED version. It’s pretty small but super bright and there are different light settings. Never had a problem with it, but I really need a new front light. Maybe the batteries are dying, but it just isn’t very bright and I regularly narrowly miss potholes and cares narrowly miss me on lefthand turns because of it.

the superflash is the shit. i dont know about the blaze, but ive got a pb beamer on the front and its pretty nice.

[quote=“kyle!”]

http://www.rei.com/product/745533

I love this light. People complain about the mounting a lot, but I’ve found having hang on the bottom of my bars is perfect. It’s the only one I’ve used for about a year and a half. Good stuff. :bear:[/quote]

This wins. It can be had for about $29 at Performance every now and then.

Every time I get a light I end up dropping it on pavement the first time I use them and breaking them. I’m such a fucking klutz.

I never really understood the draw of stealing someone’s lights, especially rear blinkers. I’ve had four or five taken off my bikes when I would forget to take them off; only the thieves would take the lights but not the mounting brackets.

“Guys, check out this light I snagged today, it’s red and it blinks.”

I love Cat Eye but they’re not really the best for the money. I spent about $70 on a TL-LD1000 and an HL-EL410, which I’ve actually replaced with $20 of Knog Frogs. Honestly I just hate dealing with brackets or even the rubber strap thing. The Frogs just go on so easily. Obviously the Cat Eye lights are a lot brighter though…

[quote=“stormy”]Every time I get a light I end up dropping it on pavement the first time I use them and breaking them. I’m such a fucking klutz.

I never really understood the draw of stealing someone’s lights, especially rear blinkers. I’ve had four or five taken off my bikes when I would forget to take them off; only the thieves would take the lights but not the mounting brackets.

“Guys, check out this light I snagged today, it’s red and it blinks.”[/quote]

I’ve had that happen before. This time they took the brackets too. The front is quick release, but the back took a screwdriver or at least a set of keys.

Stupid K9 bar.

Superflash is the fucking bomb! Not only is it as bright as a rocket launching, it’s durable to the point of absurdity! Mine has been fully submerged in water and has actually been run over by a car and hasn’t missed a beat.

I use the superflash and a headlight, but also have a knog frog in blinker mode in the front. Something about humans being able to track blinking lights better than solid lights.

pretty sure its the opposite.

My friend just gave me an ancient cateye hl500 front that came on a bike he just bought. The thing is bright but it is huge, and ugly. it takes 2 C batteries. I also use a planet bike blinky in the back and some random green blinky attached to my headtube with rubber bands.

I need 20 C batteries!
CHECK THE DATE!!!

Superflash FTW

I’ve got a Blackburn… very bright, although I’ve used it more as a flashlight than a headlight…

http://www.chainlove.com/ Has a light up right now. $62 and that's 52 percent off so it's probably painfully bright.

Edit: Gone

I ended up going with a Superflash and a Beamer 5. No kit deals at the local shop.

good call. my same setup.