lining up valves and tire labels and other subtle details of bike building, repair and maintenance.

i used to point em back coz looked cool
then some dickhead ran into my rear wheel coz he not paying attention at the TNW’s
popped open my skewer
sucks trying to kick closed your skewer at 25 mph in a pack

If he overlapped that bad it still would have broken your spokes and caused the crash. The qr tip isn’t what protrudes the farthest unless you’re doing it way wrong.[/quote]
I beg to differ, coz stupid zipp skewers that go straight back. He would have hit my wheel or chainstay and either bounced back or lost control of his front wheel. But it wouldn’t have done much to me besides change my line a bit.
He was half-wheeling me when he looked back to see if we had created a fap and then floated into my rear wheel.

If he overlapped that bad it still would have broken your spokes and caused the crash. The qr tip isn’t what protrudes the farthest unless you’re doing it way wrong.[/quote]
I beg to differ, coz stupid zipp skewers that go straight back. He would have hit my wheel or chainstay and either bounced back or lost control of his front wheel. But it wouldn’t have done much to me besides change my line a bit.
He was half-wheeling me when he looked back to see if we had created a fap and then floated into my rear wheel.[/quote]

Oh fuuuu. Hahaha.

lol sounds like I need to try racing in vegas

Nice.

Are you for real with this?

Nice.

Are you for real with this?[/quote]

Details bro

You color the cut edge with a sharpie?

i’ve actually never done this, nor even thought of it. actually beneficial, or just for aesthetics?

i’ve actually never done this, nor even thought of it. actually beneficial, or just for aesthetics?[/quote]
Apparently it prevents the headtube paint from being scuffed up. Cross housing once before DT stop, then double-cross along downtube.

It also gives you a less sharp housing bend which may/may not improve shifting.

It also makes it really difficult to pre-stretch your cables and check your limits in search of a minimal gain in smoothness.

…and depending on the location of your cable stops and the size of your downtube, you might have some paint rubbing too. You should try both ways before deciding on the way to route your cables.

i thought about crossing, but my DA cable stops have the levery deal on the right side so I left it to the dangler cable.

AYHSMB

If you’ve hit something that popped your QR on the rear wheel it means you’ve smashed your brake caliper right off anyways and you’re most likely fucked beyond having to worry about your rear wheel popping lose.

Specialized Roubaix with the internal routing are designed to cross the housing then cross inside to down tube. Same principal.

how so? honestly just curious as i haven’t had trouble.

also, in my opinion the benefit is in the cable routing, not smoothness of operation.

I thought I heard cable stretch is bullshit, housing compression is a more appropriate term. True/False?