LONG GONE - Alley cat race, may 9th providence

^^Pretty elaborate troll then.

Either way, he took his ball and left. Thanks guys, now I can’t drive all the way to Rhode Island and compete in an alleycat to being held so that people buy shit at Dash bike shop. Great…

[quote=saintstoffel]^^Pretty elaborate troll then.

Either way, he took his ball and left. Thanks guys, now I can’t drive all the way to Rhode Island and compete in an alleycat to being held so that people buy shit at Dash bike shop. Great…[/quote]

register account -> post race flyer -> make ragequit post after people (don’t actually) talk shit about your first post promoting a race

you could say it’s a rather labyrinthine troll

because it’s so elaborate

and complex

[quote=sneaky viking]^^^ wrong thread?

I’m almost definitely going to this:

Last year there was dudes from NYC and Boston and a dude from B-more won. International and shit.
y’all should come out.[/quote]

I’d go to that just because of the fucking awesome flyer.

^^^ that.

[quote=powered by peanut butter]This is quiet possibly the worst experience I’ve ever had on a message board. I don’t use them often since i like to spend my time on my bike instead of talking about it. I was told that posting on this forum would be a good idea by a friend, I guess not. From what has been said I’m not interested in having anyone from this board come out for the race and you aren’t interested in participating. That’s fine.
I am not making money off of this nor is that my intent. the only thing I hope for is that people come out and have a good time riding their bike. I’m also confused about the comment about posting races on message board. Maybe I’m wrong but I think almost every race ends up getting posted somewhere these days.

I’m not interested in a form of communication (i.e. this message board) that seems to be built on breaking people down instead of bringing them together. Enjoy your your space, I’ll never bother you again.[/quote]
Stop being a fucking pussy.

[quote=anomaly]
Stop being a fucking pussy.[/quote]

Stop being a fucking misogynist.

[quote=TimArchy][quote=anomaly]
Stop being a fucking misogynist.[/quote]
Stop being a fucking pussy.

[quote=powered by peanut butter]This is quiet possibly the worst experience I’ve ever had on a message board. I don’t use them often since i like to spend my time on my bike instead of talking about it. I was told that posting on this forum would be a good idea by a friend, I guess not. From what has been said I’m not interested in having anyone from this board come out for the race and you aren’t interested in participating. That’s fine.
I am not making money off of this nor is that my intent. the only thing I hope for is that people come out and have a good time riding their bike. I’m also confused about the comment about posting races on message board. Maybe I’m wrong but I think almost every race ends up getting posted somewhere these days.

I’m not interested in a form of communication (i.e. this message board) that seems to be built on breaking people down instead of bringing them together. Enjoy your your space, I’ll never bother you again.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVrw43H3bA#t=0m27s

Wow.

Just wow.

First off, they are just ribbing you. Its all some jokin.

I’m gonna guess this friend was Noah? He was still right, just with any community people are going to joke around with their inside jokes that the outsider may or may not take offense to.

Not sure who I’m talking to due to internet anonymity but we may have even met. The name’s Coleman.

[quote=powered by peanut butter]
From what has been said I’m not interested in having anyone from this board come out for the race and you aren’t interested in participating. That’s fine. [/quote]

One of the people dealing with this race asked me to possibly run a check point. I can spend my saturday riding instead :wink:

[quote=powered by peanut butter]
All communities are like this in some regard. To quote the internet professionals “lurk moar”.

rant not directed at the OP but just in general
Message boards are not cork boards where you pin a poster on and move on, they are a living breathing community. Instead of thinking of a online forum as a virtual cork board, think of it as a big group of people standing around talking. You wouldn’t walk up to a random group of people announce a party and walk away would you? You would either introduce yourself, or announce the party, stick around answer some questions.

This is why people who join, post a fly and leave get made fun of. In the real world you would for doing that. The virtual world truly is just a 1 to 1 extension of the real world.

[quote=Nonek]

Wow.

Just wow.[/quote]
I know, right? Some people…

Sorry Anita.

Right thread, just a bad joke I guess.

^oh I just got it. I originally thought you meant to post in bward’s thread too.

Is it some kind of requirement that alleycat races have dumb names?

[quote=crushkilldestroy][quote=TimArchy][quote=anomaly]

Sorry Anita.[/quote]
Win.