Luxos U Warranty Chat

Most affordable is probably http://www.ebay.com/itm/IDC-Stout-dynohub-hub-dynamo-700c-front-wheel-36h-silver-/271936828858?hash=item3f50b2b5ba which I have and shart has (I haven’t actually hooked mine up to a light yet, should probably get on that before winter)
Most awesome I definitely cannot speak to, probably ain’t this though.

^That wheel powers the lights just fine, but awesome probably not. I’m fat so I don’t notice any drag, but while powerful that hub has more drag than others when the lights are off (solution is just to run the lights all the time, safer that way anyway). Wheel itself has been rock solid. They have sexier options on their website:

http://intelligentdesigncycles.com/products

SP dynamo hubs are 99-101% of the performance of a Schmidt at 30% of the price.

But the same is to be said about ultegra and DA

And which do you choose
Cmon

Well aside from MAYBE build quality (although I haven’t seen horror story SP dynamo posts about a completely rusted out inside or strange noises) I think the SP is actually better. Different Ultegra vs. DA is different.

SP is way cheaper, lighter, has better connector
SON is shinier, and makes your wallet lighter

for lights, the SON version has much better build quality for sure. But it’s not like that with the hubs

SON connector is so bad :frowning:

i’m 99% sure i’m going SP for the next set up

SON is definitely more aesthetically appealing imo

the shimano dynohubs work well and are a great value. (especially if you can get one/a wheel on closeout)

and then an iq cyo for a front light

dunno about rear lights

I have the Shimano DH3N80, AFAIK the most ‘high-end’ Shimano dynohub for rim brakes (billed as ‘Ultegra level’). More recently I got another wheel built with the SP PD-8 centerlock hub. I think the SP is slightly less ‘buzzy’, but there are so many other different variables with the wheel, tires, frame/fork that it is hard to be sure. The SP looks better. Shimano-style connector that both use is great.

IQ Cyo Premium is a great light, the new metal enclosure B&Ms look rad also. Secula rear is excellent, very visible even from the side.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]But the same is to be said about ultegra and DA

And which do you choose
Cmon[/quote]

the cheap but effective one.

literally always.

6,530 miles on my SP so far, no problems. Light is on 100% of miles.

Can the supernova e3 tail light work without the e3 front? Is it just the standlight that wont work?

it doesn’t work at all with other headlights

it’s also pretty shitty, if you want that form factor get the new B&M Mini

The latest supernova taillight (tl2) does work with ac headlights but no standlight function. Definitely tested and working with an eyc.

I know I’ve asked before, but nobody’s really seeing the pv9, right?
I should just give up and go with the 8 at this point or I’m gonna be living that Knog/super flash lyfe forever, n’est ce pas?

[quote=Bahamontes]I know I’ve asked before, but nobody’s really seeing the pv9, right?
I should just give up and go with the 8 at this point or I’m gonna be living that Knog/super flash lyfe forever, n’est ce pas?[/quote]
There’s the sv9 in 32h

I bumped the wire coming out of my light and both strands within it are showing copper.It’s too high up the wire to have any room to cut the wire and redo the connector. Assuming the light is sealed and I can’t open it up and fix it there, is there a good way for me to waterproof the exposed wire, or am i doomed?

Liquid electrical tape, silicone caulk or dgaf.

ty

Shoe goo works really well also.