Luxos U Warranty Chat

Hahaha
Should be Luxos UU
As in UUarranty

it’s yet another japanese-themed rebrand of taiwanese goods from Merry Sales / SOMA

With the Kasai name, I figured it was something like that, but I don’t care, as long as it works well.

Have had a Kasai hub on sup’s bike for about a year. Works, and is probably just a rebranded SP.

[quote=kmcdon]Anyone else’s luxos act silly when charging something and also running the light simultaneously? It’s probably nothing but mine wasn’t on full brightness last night, and then it jumped to full brightness, meanwhile gps stopped charging.

I do not want to have to deal with another warranty.[/quote]

Don’t think it’s recommended to charge and run light at same time. I turn my light off and use the feature during the day.

[quote=ergott][quote=kmcdon]Anyone else’s luxos act silly when charging something and also running the light simultaneously? It’s probably nothing but mine wasn’t on full brightness last night, and then it jumped to full brightness, meanwhile gps stopped charging.

I do not want to have to deal with another warranty.[/quote]

Don’t think it’s recommended to charge and run light at same time. I turn my light off and use the feature during the day.[/quote]

Damn, I hope I didn’t fry something.

I think I’m gonna go sinewave splitter box thingy on the endpoint.

I think I’ve used charge & light at the same time with no issues. Wouldn’t swear tho.
I’d assume it depends on your speed. If you’re going fast enough, both should work at the same time. Weird that the brightness dropped, I’d expect the charging to cut out first. Somebody on here must know.

Pretty sure the output of a dyno hub is capped at some point (no further output for a given speed).

I haven’t really studied this though.

I’m sure it is but that limit is higher than what’s needed to charge&light. On my shimano hub at least. I think.

Even those 1.5 Alfine hubs can run a sinewave and fire a cyo at 12mph.
Also Kaisei is NOT SP and SP is annoyed with them. Taiwan gonna Taiwan.

so it is their old factory gone rogue or whatever

the dividends from that whole interruption in SP hub production

Something like that, it seems.

I asked them if they were making those and they basically said they are crappy unreliable knockoffs. True? Who knows?

Is there any harm in mounting a Supernova E3 Pro 2 upside-down? I’m thinking of the K-Edge Garmin-GoPro multi-mount.

If so, does anyone make a mount that effectively acts as a fork crown baseplate? I have no fender drilling on the front of my crabon fork.

Seven will make you one, if you ask nicely

[quote=jamesacklin]Is there any harm in mounting a Supernova E3 Pro 2 upside-down? I’m thinking of the K-Edge Garmin-GoPro multi-mount.

If so, does anyone make a mount that effectively acts as a fork crown baseplate? I have no fender drilling on the front of my crabon fork.[/quote]

I have a Supernova E3 Pro. When I looked into it I couldn’t really find a lot of info other than supposedly water will get into the ports the wires enter the housing. So it wasn’t recommended. Honestly it looks fine but I mounted mine right side up just in case.

THIS is the thing I want. I should just DM you.

Yall see this? I like the idea but fuck thats expensive.

https://www.sinewavecycles.com/products/sinewave-cycles-beacon

Is Sinewave aiming to be the Chris King of the emerging dynamo market? Over-priced, substandard, MUSA light with color options for people who need boutique components on their Surly?

Kinda looks like it.
Does that stem cap jobber work in conjunction with a light?

$350 and it looks like a diy project? Just look at the back plate with the dinky switch. I’m not seeing great things in their future. At least King stuff looks fancy.