mike giant fans?

anyone mike giant fans? if so, did anyone notice this?

http://blog.honeyee.com/mashsf/archives/2008/05/mad_max_amsterd.html

have a good look at the bike mike is riding in that first pic.

looks like a black and white bike, with “cannondale” written in mike’s old english font. “count tracula” on the top tube (his blog’s name), and what looks like a mike drawing on the front. they don’t look like stickers to me.

so are we going to see a mike giant cannondale bike soon?

i’m a fan.
he’s probably the only art star that’s actually ridden fixed for a while before designing graphics for a bike… i’d actually like to see something from him.

i saw a cannondale jersey he did on ebay not too long ago as well

mike giant = sick

fuck fake writers

(again)

[quote=“Oh No”]fuck fake writers

(again)[/quote]
Yer kinda, like, wrong and stuff there chief. When I first visited Albuquerque in '95 Giant was up all over. Everywhere. Then he moved to San Francisco and blew up out there. Now he’s progressed (like many of the talented, older writers) into areas other than spraycans. And he’s a nice guy. So, uh, like, uh, yer an idiot.

wow, you are sure riding his nuts. if he “blew up” so hard then how come is throw is lamentably terrible? I give twist/ barry mcgeee his props because dude definitely did some damage to SF and areas abroad with creative throwies and characters but to call him a writer nowadays would be ridiculous. if you arent writing, you arent a writer. that simple.

as far as the older and talented thing is concerned talent really varies depending on peoples outlook. not all “talented writers” go on to stop writing and paint canvases, or sculpture or some other more commercially accepted form of art (although some do,REVS from NYC being a perfect example, shame that dude doesn’t get the props he deserves) and not every chump
hawking “outsider art” with a shaky kinda-sorta made up backround in graffiti was a talented writer.

i dont consider giant talented at all. maybe in traditional art, but from the admittedly few things i’ve seen by him he never seemed that good or interesting. i consider dudes like Curve TGE or Esteme talented by doing amazing pieces and keeping the city locked with a steady barrage of also well constructed tags and throw ups. Same with Agua or Kairone. Or Seyce for having some of the most amazing penmanship ever put onto paper or a wall. Or Sleaz for the same reason, or even a dude like KAYG for having the vision to turn his tag into a bike made out of the letters of his name and then putting it everywhere with bike related punchlines. And if any of those dudes stopped writing and decided to make money in the art world, i wouldn’t call them writers, but i would give them props for being talented and having done damage, with the proof on the walls.

[quote=“Oh No”]wow, you are sure riding his nuts. if he “blew up” so hard then how come is throw is lamentably terrible? I give twist/ barry mcgeee his props because dude definitely did some damage to SF and areas abroad with creative throwies and characters but to call him a writer nowadays would be ridiculous. if you arent writing, you arent a writer. that simple.

as far as the older and talented thing is concerned talent really varies depending on peoples outlook. not all “talented writers” go on to stop writing and paint canvases, or sculpture or some other more commercially accepted form of art (although some do,REVS from NYC being a perfect example, shame that dude doesn’t get the props he deserves) and not every chump
hawking “outsider art” with a shaky kinda-sorta made up backround in graffiti was a talented writer.

i dont consider giant talented at all. maybe in traditional art, but from the admittedly few things i’ve seen by him he never seemed that good or interesting. i consider dudes like Curve TGE or Esteme talented by doing amazing pieces and keeping the city locked with a steady barrage of also well constructed tags and throw ups. Same with Agua or Kairone. Or Seyce for having some of the most amazing penmanship ever put onto paper or a wall. Or Sleaz for the same reason, or even a dude like KAYG for having the vision to turn his tag into a bike made out of the letters of his name and then putting it everywhere with bike related punchlines. And if any of those dudes stopped writing and decided to make money in the art world, i wouldn’t call them writers, but i would give them props for being talented and having done damage, with the proof on the walls.[/quote]

Hush your mouth, grown folks is talkin

you cant be a grown folk and have the word “i can haz” anywhere near you, cheese.

well the photography gallery on his website is pretty pitiful

[quote=“Oh No”]wow, you are sure riding his nuts. if he “blew up” so hard then how come is throw is lamentably terrible? I give twist/ barry mcgeee his props because dude definitely did some damage to SF and areas abroad with creative throwies and characters but to call him a writer nowadays would be ridiculous. if you arent writing, you arent a writer. that simple.

i dont consider giant talented at all. maybe in traditional art, but from the admittedly few things i’ve seen by him he never seemed that good or interesting. i consider dudes like Curve TGE or Esteme talented by doing amazing pieces and keeping the city locked with a steady barrage of also well constructed tags and throw ups. Same with Agua or Kairone. Or Seyce for having some of the most amazing penmanship ever put onto paper or a wall. Or Sleaz for the same reason, or even a dude like KAYG for having the vision to turn his tag into a bike made out of the letters of his name and then putting it everywhere with bike related punchlines. And if any of those dudes stopped writing and decided to make money in the art world, i wouldn’t call them writers, but i would give them props for being talented and having done damage, with the proof on the walls.[/quote]
Not riding anybodies nuts here, just sayin maybe you shouldn’t talk shit about a nice guy who’s paid his dues. But then again, you are obviously far more real than him, cuz you name drop hella hard. That’s fuckin’ ill, son. Keep it real.

haha why dont you start his fan club chump

It’s awesome to watch this subject come up, and you dorks change your lexicon to be more “street.” This is the lamest argument ever.

graffiti talk is always played but i hate it when art fags get props where they arent due. sure hes a good artist but from what i understand he was never a good writer, ergo he shouldnt be treated as one. feel free to correct me.