more deadend technology topics

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]speaking of dead end technology.
Did I magically become an RCOG moderator?
There was 4 items of spam and it let me deny them.

[/quote]

yes, that is exactly what it looks like when your role is set to “Manager”

you should check the member roles to see if I’m banned, though my subscription got fucked up like two years ago, it’d be interesting to see if there was anyone in there besides Arab and Indian spammers

maybe try using the “Direct add members” feature to force-add me

Was concerned that Cateye just changed up from the micro after so many years. Their commitment to selling essentially the same thing for decades has a certain appeal, though. Kind of puzzled why I’d want to pay 2 to 3 times more for a Garmin that does the same thing (plus a lot of other things I don’t care about) by using more complicated technology.

–ducks–

i dunno dude, the minigarmin is really statusy and has a usb charger

For the most part, CatEye stuff just plain works. Not fancy, and maybe not the best UI/UX, but dead reliable. Their smart line of computers had some issues when Apple introduced iOS 9.0, but the unit recommended above won’t have those issues.

except if you have a dynamo or a blinky light

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]speaking of dead end technology.
Did I magically become an RCOG moderator?
There was 4 items of spam and it let me deny them.

[/quote]

Holy Crap, I’m a moderator too! Feels good. It looks like mod permissions were added to everyone for some functions. (including direct adding members)

Fred, you show up as a banned member when i try to add you directly. Can’t unban you, but could add an alternate email if you want.

Am I banned too? I stopped receiving digest emails about the same time Fred was booted. I forget what I did to get kicked out.

Dbbl

cateye wireless drops the connection if you have a niterider light on in the vicinity. not sure what happens if you have other lights.

@blakey: let me know your email and i or one of the other mods (lol) can check

screencap all the banned customers?

makes you go 99.99mph
pretty sweet for that confidence but i doubt i go that fast on a commute

RF interference, not a dropped connection

electronics are invisible polluters. the light just happens to hit the right bandwidth to mess up cateyes.

planet bike 1w lights would do that to some wireless computers too.

ok i’ll try to be more accurate

radio frequency interference made my cateye cyclocomputer fail to update the information such as speed, distance, and time; instead reading the previous number with no change. this happened whenever my niterider bicycle light was in the on position and thus emitting light particulates through the air stuffs directly in front of my drop handlebars.

I really like how this thread is working out.