Need new lock

I have 2 u-locks, 1 that a carry along when i need to lockup somewhere. The other one i leave at work on the bike rack.
There was an abandoned bike on the bike rack at work that got the shit kicked out of it so my boss decided to cut its lock to get rid of it.
The dumbass that cut the lock decided to cut all the other locks that where on the bike rack including my u-lock.
Tomorrow im going to bring my other u-lock so i can lockup at work.

But now i need a new lock to carry with me. So here’s my question:
whats actualy better to carry around and lockup for long periods of time (8 hour +), a u-lock or one of those big fat chains with a mini u-lock?
Those chains are heavy but they look easy to carry if i just wrap it around my waist.

i like this one

thats peerty
do they make it in pink?

What’re you one of dem homosekshuals???

Be a man, get it in blue.

On a more serious note, I have a Bulldog U lock that has been pretty good to me. Those large Krypto chains and mini Us are heavy as fuck. I couldn’t imagine hauling one around all day.

I’ve heard falls are pretty regrettable with a fat chain around your waist.

Yeah, but it sounds like he would only wear the chain to get it to work and then leave it there.

I feel like a chain is a better in that if it’s long enough you can lock the frame and both wheels. However, if it’s too long or not placed tightly enough it invites people to fuck with your bike since it will move around a lot more than it would with a u-lock.

that does sound painful, maybe i should just stick with a u-lock

i was thinking of keeping the u-lock at work and getting something else to carry around.

8+ hours daily might make me ask my boss about taking it inside. I would go with a u-lock and a decent, but lighter, cable lock.

i used to put it inside (for the last 3 years), but new employes have started coming in once in a while with there bikes. (i commute year long and, i dont even have a car) They’ve been fucking up the walls in the entrance by not being carefull. So now, boss dosent want bikes inside no more (i’d problably do the same thing).
Basicly i have to pay because of careless people.

[quote=“m4bandit”]What’re you one of dem homosekshuals???

Be a man, get it in blue.

On a more serious note, I have a Bulldog U lock that has been pretty good to me. Those large Krypto chains and mini Us are heavy as fuck. I couldn’t imagine hauling one around all day.[/quote]

i miss my bulldog mini! my old bell lock that i’m using sucks!

lets meet sometime next week

on gaurd bulldog mini.
I bought mine for like 30 on sale, and its a really nice carry around lock.

Kryptonite Evo Mini

an evo mini or new york mini is golden, but im still scared to leave it out for long (6+ hrs.) periods of time.

p.s. how do you guys carry your mini ulocks? i lock it under my saddle rails when riding

[quote=“baldy”]an evo mini or new york mini is golden, but im still scared to leave it out for long (6+ hrs.) periods of time.

p.s. how do you guys carry your mini ulocks? i lock it under my saddle rails when riding[/quote]

back pocket or belt.

I Stuff it in my belt or, if I’m not wearing a belt, in a back pocket.

e;f,b