New Soma saddles (e.g. expect a call from italian lawyers)

^Hot damn that’s ugly.

if the segal is cheap because it’s shitty vegan leather substitute like their straps and costs only 20 bucks then i’ll buy one

$65 fucking dollars!

soma charges too much for their knock off seats.

i have been tempted by them in the past though.

Soma sucks. Everything they make seems to be one or more beats off, and I am frankly surprised that they are making more products rather than going out of business. I guess the fixed gear boom is so big that it can keep even the worst companies afloat (Mission Bicycles, SOMA).

If they even make that 650b MTB frame, I’ll be into that.

yeah, even the soma rush frame is nothing but a bianchi pista with a bottle mount and maybe different tubing.

[quote=“tiny”]Sorry, I’m going to be an asshole and ask why “e.g.”?
I know what it means, I’m just… confused… my brain is mush don’t mind me.[/quote]

Good call; that should have been ‘or’… long day.

I can only imagine what the old west saddle would do to a pair of pants. Or one’s taint.

I really want to like Soma stuff. They are definitely good at supplying goods that don’t exist, whether people are demanding them or not at a good price (the clips and the bars are a good example), and they are coming out with a fix-able mixte and 650b mtb in the spring. But, they seem like they are driven to add some stupid graphic or inappropriate material (steel townie bars?) or bizarre sizing choice to all their products.

and also fuck all those tribal graphics.

I love shitty knock-offs.

But those saddles should be $35, like a WTB or a Ponza.

Pro tip: Velo Orange is selling what look to be the same taiwanese swallow knockoffs for a lot cheaper thatn Soma is.

Link please?

http://www.velo-orange.com/vosaddlemodel6.html

…I thought we were talking about the other new, non leather, rip offs.

[quote=“bonechilling”]Soma sucks. Everything they make seems to be one or more beats off, and I am frankly surprised that they are making more products rather than going out of business. I guess the fixed gear boom is so big that it can keep even the worst companies afloat (Mission Bicycles, SOMA).

If they even make that 650b MTB frame, I’ll be into that.[/quote]
Putting Soma in the same category as Mission Bicycles is fucking ridiculous, dude, come on. I own Soma pedals, grips, tire levers, and a saddle, and all have served me well.

I grabbed one of their Kamisori saddles from them for $60. I was trying to gt it from Universal for $40.

It’s worth $40, not $60 but whatever.

I don’t like any of these “new” ones so I’m not worried about it. They’re just trying to offer them up for “cheap” for the folks taht want the look but none of the price associated with it.

[quote=“m4bandit”]I grabbed one of their Kamisori saddles from them for $60. I was trying to gt it from Universal for $40.

I don’t like any of these “new” ones so I’m not worried about it. They’re just trying to offer them up for “cheap” for the folks taht want the look but none of the price associated with it.[/quote]
Personally it’s not the price that interests me–it’s the nonleatherness.

^ this. It is no longer 1991

[quote=“kowloon”][quote=“m4bandit”]I grabbed one of their Kamisori saddles from them for $60. I was trying to gt it from Universal for $40.

I don’t like any of these “new” ones so I’m not worried about it. They’re just trying to offer them up for “cheap” for the folks taht want the look but none of the price associated with it.[/quote]
Personally it’s not the price that interests me–it’s the nonleatherness.[/quote]

+a million

Wait… huh?

Yeah I tried to figure that one out for a while, then just dropped it.