Open Cannondale CAPO discussion

Decided, or already bought?

boughten and dropped off @ Montano Velo for a checkup. It’s a designer '84 with full Campy gruppo, silver/gray with chrome fork and stays. Columbus SLX. The ride is like… I can’t even explain it. So much zen.

Looks not unlike this.

Now to begin the partyfowl conversion.

I have so much envy.

my prototype. I was on the fence about posting this, but since this topic came up.
the head tube angle in this pic is 73. My new sample will be 74. Please keep this in tarck bike only. 1 1/8 steerer.

Can we get some more secret info about these new frames? Cost? Expected release date? Fork? Specs?

I’ve said it a zillion times, but the first person to churn out an inexpensive and widely available Pista Concept knock-off is going to make a fortune.

it’s gona look sick with Patch’s lime green veeps on there.

I know. I’m really surprised NO ONE came out with one this past year, with the Concept being as hot as it was. I’m sure it takes time for factories to get frames/bikes drawn, tooled, built, and shipped, but c’mon!

jet black isnt too bad, but god damn the stealth grey is horrible

I know. I’m really surprised NO ONE came out with one this past year, with the Concept being as hot as it was. I’m sure it takes time for factories to get frames/bikes drawn, tooled, built, and shipped, but c’mon![/quote]

I feel like this comes painfully close but misses by just a bit

I know. I’m really surprised NO ONE came out with one this past year, with the Concept being as hot as it was. I’m sure it takes time for factories to get frames/bikes drawn, tooled, built, and shipped, but c’mon![/quote]

I feel like this comes painfully close but misses by just a bit[/quote]

kids want seattube cut-outs.

and they don’t want cable stops, fender mounts and cage mounts x2. So close but yet so far.

No way - the Bikes Direct guy just ordered that one straight out of a catalog. If you poke around on Google, you can find whole websites where intermediaries connect would-be American bike “manufacturers” with the Chinese and Taiwanese factories that produce that junk. The only thing that bike has in common with a Pista Concept is the fact that they both have aluminum frames.

Thing is, I think that the Bikes Direct guy heard people on BF calling for an aluminum track frame, but isn’t bright enough to know that this isn’t what they meant.

Molds cost a lot of money and welding on the concept is nice as well. It isn’t a cheap bike to make, i’m sure you won’t see anything at this level go for cheap. Especially for smaller companies that don’t do the type of quantities that bigger companies do, the tooling/molding cost are way too high to make it any cheaper.

The problem isn’t that the Concept is expensive, it’s that it’s not available anywhere.

[quote=“tzusing”]my prototype. I was on the fence about posting this, but since this topic came up.
the head tube angle in this pic is 73. My new sample will be 74. Please keep this in tarck bike only. 1 1/8 steerer.[/quote]

Looks nice, but what’s the fork going to be?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4517