Open Cannondale CAPO discussion

Since I might not be able to wait for a '90s Cannondale Track frame to present itself, I’m considering a Capo. There’s actually a frameset for sale locally in my size and everything. So, what’s the word on these things? Good? Shite?

Tanx.

Road bike with track ends. There’s nothing wrong with it, other than the 2009 being really ugly. It would make a poor substitution for the Cannondale track, I think.

I just got one two days ago, I got the full bike… but will be changing most of the parts out fairly shortly…

I dont think either are ugly, the gloss black w/ white is nice and the white/grey is subtle…

In the catalog with the track grips they are indeed fugly. We just received one of each color this week and they came with grips and bartap. The white tape actually looked pretty classy. The crank still looks like a turd.

What is interesting is that the trail on this bike is actually rather short for a road bike. It will handle rather quickly and like any modern Cannondale it will be stiff.

I had the same idea to do a recreation of an original Cannondale track to replace the one I so foolishly sold so long ago. Too bad there are no 1 1/8" flat crown non drilled track forks…

[quote=“bradencbc”]
I had the same idea to do a recreation of an original Cannondale track to replace the one I so foolishly sold so long ago. Too bad there are no 1 1/8" flat crown non drilled track forks…[/quote]

I have a brand new CK Devolution headset I would sell for a good price. Shoot me a PM if interested.

mine came w/ a purple chain and celeste chain, and purple grips and celeste grips… but no tape :frowning:
I’ll probably throw some white tape on them though.

I REALLY love cannondale frames, I dont see how you can get much better for 99% of racers… they are so fucking stiff… its amazing when you ride one… the feeling that nothing is moving unnecessarily when you are out of the saddle is quite nice.

wha-huh?

two chains… so you can pick your color… i went with purple chain and celeste grips out of the box…

I like Cannondale frames, so I am biased towards the capo. Track geometry doesn’t mean much to me, so it actually gains a point or two in my book. I liked the red one from a year or two ago.

i’ve ridden the capo (08) repeatedly when I worked in a shop as a SS. It was an awesome ride, snappy and super stiff (even w/ a carbon fork).

however, I’m not big on track geo either…

[quote=“zombie”][quote=“bradencbc”]
I had the same idea to do a recreation of an original Cannondale track to replace the one I so foolishly sold so long ago. Too bad there are no 1 1/8" flat crown non drilled track forks…[/quote]

I have a brand new CK Devolution headset I would sell for a good price. Shoot me a PM if interested.[/quote]

It’s an integrated headtube. Devolution no worky.

I rode a rental capo at Burnaby velodrome. It’s super light and stiff, and fun as shit to ride because i normally poke around on a crosscheck.

i just listed an O.G. track in marketplace if anyone’s interested.

[quote=“dmotoguy”]two chains… so you can pick your color… i went with purple chain and celeste grips out of the box…[/quote]Wachu gun do wit dem purple grips mon?

If I were going to buy an entry-level complete now, the Capo would be my second choice after the Sputnik.

whats your address… they’re yours.

yaddadamean?

I figured that out. I’m just not a fan of colored chains to begin with, and the thought of a bike coming with two chains of such nature made me cringe a bit. Although, you could break them apart link by link n’ have two purple n’ celeste chains! That’d be fun!!!

yea. I’m not a fan of them, the chains look dinky too… I’m going to change it when it wears out and maybe go to 1/8 at taht time.

I decided to buy a mid-80s Ciocc instead, because I am fickle like that.

:colbert: