Oregon Handmade Bicycle Show- Sept. 28/29

This years Oregon Handmade Bicycle show is coming up right around the corner!

This years event will be Saturday & Sunday, September 28-29, 2013 at Sandbox Studio, Portland, Oregon.

If you are a builder and are interested in attending, you can sign up here.

See you there!

*Just a bit of editorial- we have always been focused on the builders, and this year we are shooting for more of a gallery feel and less of a “trade show” vibe. I’m personally excited to try to get the emphasis back on the bikes and not on the booths. Should be a fun event!

is this the same show that was out on swan island last year?

It is. We were at Sand Box three years ago.

It’s going on this weekend. Per order tickets and save some coin!

Stop by booth 17 and say “hello”.

im volunteering
i dont know where
say “here’s your free beer/coffee/bag of chips”

Don’t just say hello- that’s creepy. Linger a bit and chat.

Also, huge thanks for volunteering!

Hey I’m the dude who talked to you today with the golden saddle cap. I forgot to tell you my name. Anyway, your frames look even nicer in person than they do online and someday I hope to be able to commission one from you.

I dig it- its fun to meet “internet people”. Thanks for stopping in!

If anyone wants to volunteer for a bit, we’d love a few more hands. Details on the web site (or show up and well make it work). Bring your snorkle, its pretty extra humid in Portland today!

there were 2 dudes in GS caps.
were you the one in glasses or no

there were 2 dudes in GS caps.
were you the one in glasses or no[/quote]
No glasses

We just loaded up the official show gallery. Big thanks to Anthony Bareno from Velo Cult for shooting this year. 106 photos for your perusal.

OHBS 2013 Gallery

Lot’s of good stuff, especially yours Eric!
But WTH happened here?!?!?

I didn’t see that at the show, but I’m guessing it’s either from one of the painters or from the small vintage display we had. We just loaded the photos and are asking the builders and exhibitors to go through and tag their stuff with the info they want to share.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that was at one of the painters’ booths.

rad finishes

Looks like Ahearne uploaded his detailed macro photoset for the CycleTruck and SS Touring bike

[quote=Andrew_Squirrel]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ahearnecycles/sets/72157637350361296/[/quote]

Hopefully to be ridden with a top hat and frock coat.

That’s, um, pretty effing special.

If I ever make a frame like that, someone please shoot me.

That’s, um, pretty effing special.

If I ever make a frame like that, someone please shoot me.[/quote]

lolwth
is that really an artisan fork/spoon wingnutted to the front of the head tube?

It’s a show bike. The spork doesn’t bother me, just one of those fun whimsical touches. And IIRC we’ve already been over teh coupler method and location and rack triangulation issues, among others.

Actually, on second thought, the spork does bother me. Cause fukka spork. Worst of both worlds.