pake ?

ok so i came up on some cash and im looking to build a decently cheap tarck bike without breaking the bank ive heard about this pake brand and i checked out there site, turns out they are like a sister company of soma or some shit so i guess its legit . have you guys heard of this brand and could you give me some of the pros / cons of the frame? im tired of huffing around my p1 all over the place

It’s just a basic Cro-Mo frame. People here say it weighs a ton, and with straight-gauge steel tubing, I believe them. I think the frames that Bikes Direct offer are better options for the money.

If I’m not mistaken, the kilo’s are butted, not straight gauge. I would much prefer a Kilo Frame from BD than a Pake, or if it will be a legitimate track bike (read: ridden on a velodrome) you might look into an EAI brass knuckle or a leader, by the time you get a fork for that pake it will be about that price anyways.

ditto…id go with a kilo tt before a pake.
no way on the brassknuckle or leader. those things look like ass

kilo tt is my vote as well. I really dig those bikes.
If I didn’t love my langster so much I would have traded up for a kilo already.

I know the Kilo isn’t “pure pista track keirin geometry,” but it’s actually perfectly adequate for track racing. If you look at a few high-end frames like those from Giant, BMC, etc., you’ll see that the geometry is either in line of more “aggressive” than those, and the owners of those high-end bikes don’t seem to notice a problem. I personally think that a steel bike like that should have “sprint” geometry, but whatever.

ok im using it to jam around on the streets on and if i get rid of that p1 i put in the “marketplace” i might be able to afford something much nicer. but i dont know about the kilo TT the components look a little shitty but for that price i cant beat itn thanks for showing me this website this should drfinateley help me in my quest

Frame only. Still by far the best deal going.

Those 60s have damn long tts.

My friend has a Pake. I like it alright. Good luck on the Kilo. BD isn’t supposed to have anymore until almost October.

Pake in bike polo = can take a million falls.

Pake doing tricks = how the fuck did you get the thing off the ground?

Pake in a track race = dead last.

My next door negibor delivers sandwitches for Jimmy Johns on a Pake. I rode it a coulple of times and had no complaints other than the fact that he has no bartape. It’s a fucking boat anchor though.

[quote=“deathhare”]
no way on the brassknuckle or leader. those things look like ass[/quote]

Sweet ass?

They all seem to have long tts, wtf is up with that?

They all seem to have long tts, wtf is up with that?[/quote]

I’ve noticed long top tubes to be a huge trend. I don’t really get it, because you can always just use a longer stem if the frame was smaller.

I hate long toptubes because I have a really short torso and long ass legs.
I just ordered a 70mm stem for my steamroller.

[quote=“Rusty Piton”]I hate long toptubes because I have a really short torso and long ass legs.
I just ordered a 70mm stem for my steamroller.[/quote]

I think I’m pretty average proportionately, but I’m more comfortable with a smaller frame and shorter reach components overall. Maybe other people are just more flexible?

yeah, my kilo frameset has a fairly long tt. it kinda sucks, but i switched the stem and now its all good.

i’d say get the kilo frameset off bikeisland. i love mine, and i get a ton of compliments about it. its cheap as hell, too.