Poopbarning: not pukebacking like they used to thread

So this is like competitive camping?

iDGI

Yeah, but as with all things in hip bike culture, the competition started with a credit card end ended before they actually got on their bikes.

Well I guess Ira Ryan caught wind of the info that there might not be that many places to resupply, and decided the pragmatic approach was to not camp at all and just ride through.

Nay, it certainly involves a CC but the focus is almost certainly on exclusivity and one upping the other teams. It takes a lot of game to get by with pulling out of yet another brobacking adventure. Do we have a timer going on when the excuses and salesmanship skills take over?

Whatevs. We only see what people post, by the types of people who post it. Plenty of normal folks doing this on normal bikes, with stuff they already owned, posting no pics whatsoever. our view is skewed.

I think we all know this, but sometimes hard to remember in the echo chamber.

Meanwhile on tarck, where no one is normal, we are laughing at radishit through migs outsider viewpoint on the cool table.

I’m curious who concussed themself? That is one injury you never want to underestimate or hear happened.

TC : I’m really jealous of everyone out there. I’m not enough of a hardass to do it in less than 6-7 days but getting getting all the camping gadgets out and hitting the dusty trail sounds like a blast. I’d probably have panniers but what do I know? “Rustic RAGBRAI”

This so much.

Its amazingly beautiful country. There’s worse ways you could spend a week on a bike.

Found Andrew Squirrel pre ride poising.

[quote=ShartAttack]They hath found hot dogs but I doubt they were organic at that price

[/quote]

Dude in the photo is one of my BFFs, and apparently the only one doing it singlespeed.

He is decidedly un-foppy. Just a fat, bearded Midwestern dude who knows a shitload about seafood. Pretty sure he didn’t care if the hot dog was organic or not. Owns no artisanal axes.

I think I found his Instagram… I’m not riffing on him as much as Prolly’s admonition against gas station Cheetos

I tracked down the photo and it’s some stranger’s IG. He riding solo, seems to have made some friends. I don’t know what Prolly said about gas station Cheetos, but I know that this dude will crush down a bag of gas station Fritos every time.

Looking at the photos makes me super jealous and wish I were riding with him (which was the original plan). I hate my lack of money, time off of work, and chronic knee pain.

Yeah, there are a couple of 80 mile stretches with nothing at all; better to pack light and just keep going.

BC I met your buddy, I told him that I knew him from the internet. We dropped/passed him twice.

Bbill is a weirdo

I was riding with 2 guys named Jeff and one of them fell on soft gravel grabbing a bottle, shoulder and head to the ground, starstruck look in his eyes after ~2 second blackout. FIL was ~40-60 miles away and picked him up. Thank goodness it happened early. Other Jeff and I turned on the motors and made up the 90min/10mi we lost waiting for FIL.

Made it to our 120mi checkpoint 30min after we had planned to get there. That was the most difficult 200k I’ve ever ridden - we took some different routes and ended up bushwhacking.

Saw Ira, everyone commented on how he was carrying nothing.

I should have brought supermotos or another fat slick.

Today is supposed to be easier but tomorrow is supposed to have the 3 biggest climbs.
Woof

See you when I get there

Good luck out there Mig + all the other tarckers.

pretty sure you need to tell no one in here that bbill is a weirdo

Mig, if you don’t start posting more selfies I’m gonna be pissed.

Also, a shot of a tarck sticker on Radishbike, please

According to the Breadwinner IG, Ira Ryan just finished with a time of 28 hours and 4 minutes.

He can now get a full night of sleep and watch people finish.