Post your pics of your rear wheel struck from behind

An attorney in my office is representing a cyclist. He’s trying to find pictures of rear bicycle wheels that have been struck from behind by cars. I’m pretty sure there are a few of them in the asploded thread, but if any of you have any pictures and don’t mind saying a few words about what happened, then that would be cool.

Thanks, Tarckers!

Struck from behind by a truck in Thailand, 2008. What else do you need to know about it?

That’s about it. There’s dispute in the case between whether the bike hit the car or the car hit the bike, so attorney is trying to get pics to see what a bike struck from behind would look like to compare to pics of client’s bike.

Thanks!

How exactly does a bike strike a car with its rear wheel at a speed that would result in significant damage? Fixie kid doing sw8 backwards circles?

or wobbly trackstand

I think they’re trying to say the cyclist sped diagonally in front of the car, swiping/impacting the rear wheel on the car? Basically, it sounds like a crazy-ass lie, but it would strengthen the attorney’s case if we were able to show that the damage to the bike was consistent with car hitting bike.

Am I providing information to support some dumb fuck who ran a light in front of a car and is now trying to blame the driver?

No, no. I can’t really say a lot about the case, but basically, you’d be supporting a cyclist who is getting fucked with by police (it’s the police story that sounds like a crazy lie). Either way, if it becomes an issue beyond the preliminary stages the case is in now, the attorney will no doubt retain forensics experts and stuff like that. Right now, it would just be nice to get an idea of what the damage from the impact we think happened looks like.

i would like to amend the old NWA adage for the 2012 generation
FUCK WITH THE POLICE
edit:

i can show you a pic of my rear wheel when i woulda been tboned
except i tried to turn with the car to avoid collision
and it overtook my rear wheel at maybe a 30 to 45* angle

[quote=cookietruck]i can show you a pic of my rear wheel when i woulda been tboned
and it overtook my rear wheel at maybe a 30 to 45* angle[/quote]

Sounds like this could be helpful.

[quote=tarckeemoon][quote=cookietruck]i can show you a pic of my rear wheel when i woulda been tboned
and it overtook my rear wheel at maybe a 30 to 45* angle[/quote]

Sounds like this could be helpful.[/quote]

actually pm me your email address jordan
coz i don’t have the pic hosted anywhere now

http://bikeportland.org/2011/12/22/five-year-prison-sentence-handed-down-in-hit-and-run-that-killed-dustin-finney-64061

here’s a sad fucking story. with a bike rear collision photo
guest starring lil phombot

yes, Miguel, I was going to put that in here too. Rear collision causing death.

well if it is a 1 lane road and the car is overtaking the bike and the bike swerves out and hits the car its still the cars fault. Unless the car fully left the lane

90/division IIRC, 4 fucking lanes/a center lane/bike lanes. yes it’s busy but it’s a bike route. it’s not like riding NE Sandy or 39/chavez

so scary, that shit happens.

where in portland is chavez? i remember hearing last time i was there about a street getting renamed–chavez is what used to be interstate, right?

also jordan imma hit up a messenger i know who got rear ended long ago and see if he has pics. iirc, he was at a light, foot down, etc, and bam! some idiot just ran right into him.

39th is now caesar chavez

oh, ok, i assumed the “/” was to denote an intersection. i remember that now. did 42nd ever get renamed for douglas adams?

No :frowning: