Pro Cycling

Maybe you read the story about the nfl owners meeting vs colin k vs nasty orange?

Shane’s a good man.

Holy shit

like for real, did none of yall follow this?

Floyd pt. II

that was wild

Fuck this guy. He shouldn’t have lined up at the start of the race in the first place, and there is absolutely no way any reasonable human could believe it’s genuine.

Sup and I have been watching every stage and thoroughly enjoying ourselves, but may not watch the end of the race because of this garbage.

I haven’t been watching, what’s the gist?

Froome is putatively dirty as Juan Pelota, and he just did an implausible, if he’s truly clean, thing with a climb. Just like Landis.

Froome returned over twice the legal limit for salbutamol during last year’s Vuelta. No one has ever successfully defended a violation anywhere close to as egregious as that. Investigations are “ongoing” but the B sample confirmed the finding and between the past bans for less egregious violations and Sky’s no-tolerance policy I can’t see a scenario in which this clears them of fault, or if he wins the Giro ends any way but terribly for the sport.

Froome has been looking ragged from the start of the race. He did have a crash on the prologue pre-ride ahead of the start, but was legit losing time and in trouble on a bunch of climbs within the first two weeks. Ended up winning Stage 14 up Monte Zoncolan by 6s over Yates, but was still 3:10 behind at that point and proceeded to promptly lose two minutes the following day. After the time trial and a few more mountain stages where he didn’t look great and/or lost a bit of time to some guys he came into yesterday 3:22 down.

He attacked solo with 80km to go, before the Colle delle Finestre, and proceeded to beat everyone by over 3 minutes. In the process Yates cracked and lost a half hour, while the white jersey doofuses just looked at each other while Dumoulin and Raichenbach (maybe some Pinot too) chased. Tom Dumoulin came into the stage 2nd overall, 28 seconds behind Yates and is now 2nd behind Froome by 40, who gained 3:00 on the stage.

This is a way shitter scenario than last year’s giro, and that involved LITERAL SHIT

Holy shit, are the announcers all but calling him out?

I’ve been watching British Eurosport feeds, so not really. The Dumoulin quote from yesterday’s stage referred it he act as “superhuman” which is about as blatant as I’ve heard a rider say. I just really wish the Sunweb DS or Matt White would come out and just say how terrible team sky and froome are for the sport

Any link to an analysis of his w/kg for this effort? That’s usually telling.

I was thoroughly enjoying the Dumoulin/Yates battle and not having to worry about Froomebutamol because of his poor form. That stage was exciting to watch but yeah, now all that shit is back front and center and he’s about to win another damn gt.