Pro cyclings

Yeah. I figured they’d have more of an impact on fit and power. But like 6’ dudes riding 40s is wild.

I wonder what the impact is on lung capacity.

I am very glad I don’t have to optimize my position for six hour rides based on what’s fastest for the last sixty seconds of that ride

Dude. I had shoulder issues galore until I got my bar width wide enough.
Suffer on, you weirdos.

Mild take: Men are trash.

Lefevere is worse than Keisse.

2 Likes

@EuroJorch how did y’all make this happen? Walmart money just going a long way?

4 Likes

EJ almost skunked the whole deal by jumping the gun and posting online about it too early.

At least we know it ain’t gonna get flooded out like last time. But it’ll be tough to beat that course.

The son of the 11th richest dude in the world is really stoked on cycling. Kind of pissed that they felt the need to rewrite history, CX has been going on here before 2018.

Fayetteville isn’t totally new to UCI events but this will be next level for sure.

1 Like

So, am I missing something or is the current worlds course kinda… plain?

Flood plain?
Long straights maybe balance out the up and down the levee. Some decent off camber sections have messed people up a bit. Though front group of women aren’t having too much issue. Only a tumble or two down the hill.

The CXHairs course preview was kinda lame. ups, downs, 2 off-chambers, and lots of straights. besides all the necessary flyovers, looks like an amateur-level course designer put it together.

It definitely isn’t technical. More interesting than the Tabor course, but not super exciting.

The elite women are making it exciting though! Such a good race.

I liked the course! Fast but had its share of technique bits. Just enough sliding around to make it fun to watch

Thank U tarck for no spoilers.

2 Likes

Fast guys are fast. 12 laps!
Riding more of the features, and it is just slick enough to make it more exciting instead of just power race. But still mostly the latter.

Excellent women’s race! It was anyone of 6 peoples’ race for a while. I was posted up on a trainer for that race and I’m glad cuz otherwise I tend to wander when I’m watching, which causes me to miss a lot of stuff.

Men’s race wasn’t terribly surprising, but given the run-away that it was, there were still some key moments making it a high pressure race through to the very end.

Watching the replay of today’s race right now. Definitely a tackier course for the gents. Still…

As one of my mentors often said when I bitched about course design, “the racers make the race.”

Meh. I guess. But we all know how much more boring cross would be if every race was Cross Vegas.

But at least people were slipping in the WC course vs cross vegas.
It was still kinda boring, though.