Pro cyclings

Obviously Wout is important to the Jumbo Tour squad, but he’s already held yellow, won a grip of stages, and won green. I’m sure if he wanted to shift focus to the Ardennes or Lombardia he’d be given the latitude to do so.

Not sure I see MVDP winning Lombardia without sacrificing a lot the rest of the year. LBL seems more likely but still not quite in the same wheelhouse he’s been in. Are we convinced he wouldn’t rather keep winning PR and RvV?

1 Like

I think if he does win LBL, he’ll be that much more motivated to win Lombardia to complete the set

1 Like

This. Nobody was expecting Pogi to take Flanders either. When asked about PR you could tell he wants it.

These guys are hungry.

2 Likes

And now VdP has won the 3 that take the most luck to win. LBL and Lombardia obviously require luck, but not to the degree that Roubaix or MSR do. They’re much more ‘true test of the strongest rider’ type races.

VdP also doesn’t need to win solo like Pogacar does if Wout or VdP are in the selection.

3 Likes

he hasn’t even won the tour of california so i don’t see what you all are so excited about

4 Likes

La Fleche Wallone and LFW Femme were both pretty good.

3 Likes

Vollering just marching up that climb at a pace so high no one could touch her while seated and looking calm was so impressive

2 Likes

Yeah, that was pretty wild. Just kept the pace going, and going, and going. Such a great finish, as more people are getting keen to the ‘go late, no really, later than that.’ But I guess you don’t have to do that if you just crush it.

Women’s LBL was solid.
Just read that Pog crashed out 84km into the race :frowning: kinda bummed because wanted to see the hair poking through across the line again.

2 Likes

Yeah, women’s race was great. Just heard about pog crashing out, bit of a bummer tbh.

1 Like

Broke two bones in his wrist, one requiring surgery. :cry:

1 Like

Remco had no competition today, woulda be so awesome if not for Tadej’s crash… I hope he gets right quickly.

1 Like

First DNF-crash of his pro career?

According to Carlton Kirby, yeah.

Rui Costa ripped his chainring off on a TT start.
GCN Racing on Instagram: "Rui Costa didn't have the best of starts at the #TDR2023 when his chainrings sheared clean off his bike whilst starting the Prologue! 👀 Watch the race replay over on GCN+ 👉 gcn.eu/racetv"

2 Likes

Mechanic error or someone trying to be too fancy with aero/lightweight chainrings?

1 Like

that seems like it has to be an install error…it just falls off

3 Likes

Almost like there were no bolts at all…

Has anyone seen Tonya Harding lately?

3 Likes