Randonneurs (randos), use metric for distances; it'll make them feel like a longer ride: rando chat‽

Good job dude
Say what’s up to b
TIABF

1 Like

excellent work sir

1 Like

I did a 23:15 600 yesterday. It was fun and my first sub 24 600. I was working on this for the whole year so it feels great that it came together. We did the first 400 in fourteen hours, then died on the final 200 as i predicted. darkness, forest fire smoke and sleep deprivation all took a toll. My riding partner got annoyed with how bad my hazard pointing is and my frisky approach to pulling so i guess i need to do more group riding and,like, get a speedometer. We still got along great and rode well together.

8 Likes

Dude a sub 24 600 is awesome
Well done

Def need a speedo or gramin for pacelining

wait hold on, I’m not super up on rando lingo. You did 600km in 23hr 15min?

I can’t even comprehend that kind of effort/distance.

HY - you should feel great!

Well done sir

Damn dude. I’m still trying to work this out in my head

Assuming ~2.5 hours for control BS, traffic, etc…That is still ~29kph average

Strava says not quite 29. :slight_smile:

We hurried at controls too. We did little things like having the first rider in the convenience store line always pay for the other rider, then sorting out receipts later.

WTH this thread makes me feel bad. I’m proud of myself when I can cover 50 miles at that speed and then I can’t walk the next day.

Dude riding bikes is hard

Seriously man that’s fucking unbelievable. You’re crazy strong.

Don’t feel bad. I am near-death every time I attempt a 200k, and I feel like I’m in pretty good shape.

1 Like

I did a 39:59 600k once. Never need to ride that far again. Congrats dude

i don’t understand why anyone would want to ride a bike for more than three consecutive hours, but that’s damn impressive.

1 Like

http://www.randonneurs.bc.ca/newsletter/submissions_2018/032_cascade-1200_del-scharffenberg.html

shout out to Mig

1 Like

Or a wristwatch.
:jan:

2 Likes

!!!

Yeah the original was much more terse worded, actually he wrote “bike mechanic” instead of bike mechanic

dramacloud

Ive been managing pace with a wristwatch forever. It works… sort of. Like you assume x km/h is the target speed, and then every hour and every x km using the cuesheet, check to see how you’re synced up. But my riding partner had a power meter and couldn’t abide my surgey pulling.