Randonneurs (randos), use metric for distances; it'll make them feel like a longer ride: rando chat‽

It gets weird if someone is talking to you and you’re just like oh no stranger danger!

1 Like

In my case, the tradeoff is riding a bonus ~100k through the allegedly slow ugly & dangerous sprawl to get to and get back from the ride.

At least permanents worked for me for a few years before Texas happened ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tbh I prefer being alone and managing only myself. It can feel too hard for me being near the rivet and also having to worry about how a group is doing.

Oh totally ymmv etc. 50km of ride to the start is too damn far, there’s not a lot of tradeoff there. :smiley: I suppose getting a ride from someone is out of the question

Yeah so I wanted to update this

Bottle guy said something along the lines of “since you’re a woman you’re riding too hard up the hills and you’re going to wear yourself out”
To which she replied something along the lines of “fuck you and fuck off”
And then he kept going and continuing which led to the blow up.

None of us knew what was going on, she didn’t say anything until later - we were on a completely different ride when I heard about it.

But holy shit

9 Likes

Volunteering at cascade today
Here are some cool bikes

11 Likes

downtube

2 Likes

“DOWNTUBE”

“TOPTUBE”
5 Likes

I asked why it didn’t say seat stay
He said maybe next one

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

That ti bike belongs to Étienne, my bc randos friend

The jokes on the tubes are extremely on brand for him

1 Like

Icwydt

14 Likes

8 Likes

For future notice: park your bike with the DS out

5 Likes

Hope there was a fender line support stand at this ride as well

7 Likes

what?

3 Likes

Infinity

Clear skies yesterday and probably today, probably the next couple days.

Those that had fenders probably should have removed them

Interesting. Seems like RAAM folks like them.