really bad handlebar/lever setups itt

It really wouldn’t take much to turn that into a BAMF road bike for somebody. Actually, something like that in a 52-4ish sizeway would make ladybiek happy.

It’s so beautiful.

https://boise.craigslist.org/bik/d/1991-trek-8000/6289722341.html

Goddamnit how have I not seen that

That could be a niec bike

Good call. Wouldn’t want to look wacky.

This thread is extremely triggering to me

That’s kinda the point

Good call. Wouldn’t want to look wacky.

[/quote]

CAWWWW
CAWWWW
CAWWWWWW

I’m not sure if I’m more offended by the bars or the photo editing.

What is that bike even designed for? MTB frame with those weird avian drop bars, with an airshock fork but what looks like commuting tires?

That bike is for locking in front of 24-Hour Fitness.

that bike is the purple dodge challenger with the hemi of the bike world. You look, and then you look away.

Aztek with aftermarket pinstriping

Guys stop hating, bars are just getting ready for a crane kick

shoulda used a 2x shake setup for that fork lockout. gotta be possible and less turdly than what’s going on there.

I thought the same thing. I don’t know anything about the OneLoc, but I’m guessing it doesn’t have a ratchet to make the dial on the dampener operate continuously.

I think his Thomson might also be straight-up backwards. Not just the logo, the whole thing.

[quote=Wintage Townie]

I think his Thomson might also be straight-up backwards. Not just the logo, the whole thing.[/quote]

That whole bike just feels so close but entirely off

It’s just a frameset that people here like, but with weird parts choices an poor assembly/finishing.

I am a little confused by how someone who seems a little unfamiliar bikes winds up with something as obscure as an Elephant: are they being sold in shops now? My general assumption with small batch bikes like those from Elephant/Endpoint/Crust/Black Mountain is that they’re being marketed very narrowly to communities of serious bike enthusiasts, people who’ve already gone through a bunch of other mainstream road/cross bikes and QBP offerings and now want something more specific and refined for the nebulous “fast on dirt reasonably fast on the road, comfortable for longish rides but not plush” world of riding. For all their faults, people who are that into bikes tend to know a bit about component selection, handlebar setup, and cable runs.

And if the owner of the bike somehow winds up reading this: you have a nice bike, maybe consider leveling your handlebars, adjusting your saddle, re-cutting your cables and housing, looking into a different drivetrain for dirt, and (probably) running your tires at a pressure lower than the recommended range printed on the tire.