Road bike reccomendationsss

Yeah i may get it. Woah wait it only comes in XL and XLL?

Edit: nvm that’s just all they have left. i’m stupid

'09 will be out soon to be sure…

Did you check your real size before bidding on bikes? My first track bike was a 58 and I thought it felt awesome. After two years of riding I realized that it sucked and I’m much happier on a 60-61.

Go to a good shop. Give them some of that cash you got lying around, and get a proper fit.

lol! dats so stoopid!

omg i bet he totally just drove there with his bike on the rack of his suv

I bet he was all like: “I’ll have a tall latte.”

[quote=“TimArchy”]Did you check your real size before bidding on bikes? My first track bike was a 58 and I thought it felt awesome. After two years of riding I realized that it sucked and I’m much happier on a 60-61.

Go to a good shop. Give them some of that cash you got lying around, and get a proper fit.[/quote]

Unfortunately no, I definitely got a little over excited and didn’t think things through. Getting fitted at a shop will help me adjust the bike I bought correctly though no? Or have i gone and just been totally stupid? Anyway i’m still looking forward to it although it may be a bit ill fitting.

dude maybe he even had a double expresso if his wife let him touch her the previous night

ha

Take that kit-wearing cyclist! haha! We’re having a good laugh and it’s at your expense!

In fact, I bet he did have an espresso since any bigger drink would have taken too much time to drink while he left his pricey bike unattended! What a tool. I hope he made sure to rehydrate.

man we are SO the opposite of everything that guy stands for

besides coffee shops are where we go to not ride our bikes, not him

[quote=“Lurk”]
Unfortunately no, I definitely got a little over excited and didn’t think things through. Getting fitted at a shop will help me adjust the bike I bought correctly though no? Or have i gone and just been totally stupid? Anyway i’m still looking forward to it although it may be a bit ill fitting.[/quote]

Just see this as a learning opportunity. Reach and saddle height can always be adjusted. The bike could fit just fine. The only thing I’d be worried about is the reach to the bars. Your hands are going to be on the brake hoods most of the time. I’m willing to bet that on your current set-up you’re either riding on the top of your drops or on risers. Either way, stretching out to brake hoods is another 5-10cm sometimes. And thats assuming that the TT lengths are the same. Don’t be adverse to getting a new stem if they say you need one. Moving the saddle forward to get you closer to the bars is not an adequate solution.

Worst case, you may have to re-sell the bike. You didn’t get ripped off and could easily sell it for at least $500 in a pinch. Maybe even break even if you do it right. Whatever money you lose is your payment to the world for teaching you to be a little more careful with that “place bid” button.

In any case, it’s a good looking bike. DeBernardi makes good stuff.

Alright, thanks very much for all your help. I looked up the geometry for the De Bernardi and my Kilo and it says that the kilo has a 59 cm top tube length and the De Bernardi has a 56, so that should help with the reach.

Odd. But if thats true then it should work out great.

Yeah i’m not sure about that but that’s what the charts said, shrug.

screw the charts. Maybe that is something that should be in the newjacks guide.

If you got your bike handy, measure it.
Then go to bed. Tomorrow’s a school day.

i’m late, but that debernardi looks nice. i really like the campy ergo levers. very comfortable.

don’t worry too much about jerseys man. i just look for old 80’s tarck looking shit on ebay for cheap and buy that. it does the same as a new jersey would, but with no corporate logos and (sometimes) uglier cooler color combos. and get good shorts. cheap shorts usually aren’t worth the $20 you save.

edit: or get this kit: http://unattachedrider.com/current.htm. awesome.

I wear the full kit crap when I ride my road bike, its comfy. But I ride in my brother’s handmedown kit for the team he rides for La’Sport.

Anyone have the pearl izumi quest shorts? Will it work?

This makes me want to ride my tarck bike in full kit with no helmet.

Cutoffs look dumb as fuck.