saddle to bar drop

I never noticed how much I had till I took a pic of my bike. Also the seat post is deep enough according to the MAX line. And I know the frame is too small.

My mtb has about that much post showin’ as well, diff. I just put a mega rise stem and north road bars, though, so my saddle to bar drop won’t be much if anything.

I have a thing for bikes that don’t fit me.

What frame is that TimArchy? Trek? That looks like a beautiful place to ride, one way or another.

blasphemy!
A Trek? I think not. I don’t go for that mass produced crap. It’s from a small shop in Taiwan called Giant. It’s a TCR that my friend repainted for me. The location is the back side of the mountain next to town here in chiang mai looking toward burma. At the top of a 3000ft climb.

I’ve actually raised the bars a bit since then. Moved the spacers back under the stem and flipped it so it’s pretty much flat. Overall, the change was only a few mm, but it looks better.

[quote=TimArchy]This is from a while ago. I need to take some newer, better pics. Maybe this weekend.

[/quote]

I seriously love this bike. I don’t even know what it is, but every time I see it I smile.

I think it’s got something to do with the bare-stays-no-decal-teal-paint beauty set against the rugged Thai mountains.

And the low spoke count.

couple inches on the everyday track bike

my road bike on the other hand is almost even, any lower than that and I start to get pains after a few hours

I’ve got maybe a half inch from saddle to hoods on the road bike and an inch and a half on the tarck bike. I just can’t had much more than that and remain comfortable on the drops. I’m actually thinking about raising the stem on the tarck bike

Don’t tell il pirata that.

[/quote]

RIP

2000 TdF, Mont Ventoux: So much awesome.

I have more drop on my track bikes than I’d like but it’s because none of my frames are really tall enough for me, and I have to set the seat post up quite high, and I just think a extra tall stem on a track bike looks bad, so I wind up with a lot of drop as a result.

That is just plain stupid. Bikes are for riding first, looking good second.

[/quote]

RIP

2000 TdF, Mont Ventoux: So much awesome.[/quote]

Watching that video and then watching more recent videos of some of the climbs in the TdF just goes to show how juiced up they really were back then. Armstrong and Pantani were practically sprinting up the entire climb. Even compared to the Rasmussen / Contador battle from two years ago that shit is just plain insane.

Me too xylo, me too…

Um, I do ride them. What’s the problem?

Knowing what the problem is + knowing the solution + not doing anything simply because of a fashion conflict = kind of dumb

I’d like to take off a few spacers and cut my steer tube to make my bike look more pro, but I won’t because then it wouldn’t fit me properly anymore.

Granted, all of us have certain priorities when we ride. If looking cool is one of your main ones, then there isn’t a conflict.

[/quote]

RIP

2000 TdF, Mont Ventoux: So much awesome.[/quote]

Watching that video and then watching more recent videos of some of the climbs in the TdF just goes to show how juiced up they really were back then. Armstrong and Pantani were practically sprinting up the entire climb. Even compared to the Rasmussen / Contador battle from two years ago that shit is just plain insane.[/quote]

“Juiced up” as in steroids? Or just juiced up?