Scrambler GB

[quote=“tx_what_it_do”]what else might i need? this question is for james in case there’s anything else that might be hard to get that i may be able to get from them. i think i’ll pick up the seatpost clamp (fuck dunno which colour!)

and for everyone else on here if someone could help me make a checklist of things i’ll need that would help me (and maybe some others) alot

-i have a wheelset although i need to find a 650 front somewhere
-i can get a square tapered crankset. i was probably gonna get some bulletproof cranks or something.
-i need a bottom bracket. european right? is there a standard width that will pretty much work with a formula hub? the rear wheel i have now is a stock alex 450 laced to formula. i dont want my chainline to be all wierd. what would be a good one to buy? if i can get the one that came on my masi that’d be cool because i know that one works.
-i’ll need to order a headset i guess so what would i be looking for?
-i can get figure out the stem and stuff.
-what size seatpost would i be looking for?

yea this is my first full build up if ya’ll could help without breaking my balls too much that would be cool[/quote]
Either bring your frame to me or to work and remove your BB and check the size (It’s still the same one, right?) to figure out what BB you need. And as far as the headset, just buy the $15 or $30 one dude is offering.

[quote=“lollerskatez”][quote=“tx_what_it_do”]what else might i need? this question is for james in case there’s anything else that might be hard to get that i may be able to get from them. i think i’ll pick up the seatpost clamp (fuck dunno which colour!)

and for everyone else on here if someone could help me make a checklist of things i’ll need that would help me (and maybe some others) alot

-i have a wheelset although i need to find a 650 front somewhere
-i can get a square tapered crankset. i was probably gonna get some bulletproof cranks or something.
-i need a bottom bracket. european right? is there a standard width that will pretty much work with a formula hub? the rear wheel i have now is a stock alex 450 laced to formula. i dont want my chainline to be all wierd. what would be a good one to buy? if i can get the one that came on my masi that’d be cool because i know that one works.
-i’ll need to order a headset i guess so what would i be looking for?
-i can get figure out the stem and stuff.
-what size seatpost would i be looking for?

yea this is my first full build up if ya’ll could help without breaking my balls too much that would be cool[/quote]

wtf is european… it will be english threaded I would assume.
any track spaced hub is fine, you need the correct bottom bracket spindle to make a good chainline…or space out the hub axle. I would wait to put the drive train together once you get the bike in the mail instead of jumping the gun and fucking something up.
threadless headset looks like it. i dunno which, i would assume 1 and 1/8th, or is it a 1 inch guys?
27.2 seatpost again i assume.
and get a chain.

this stuffs pretty basic lulz

edit: i think a general rule on here should be that if you are going to sass people out as some master tarck or claim knowledge of tarck and be all about this fucked up forum you should be able to put your damn legos together correctly[/quote]

oh man good thing i dont sass people about bike shit or i’d look like a pretentious dicknob!

and yea i meant spindle length by width on the bb. i wasn’t gonna buy it now, i was just needing to know what i’d need so i can look for it and know where to find it. or hope there’s one lying around somewhere.

We sell a 110 UN26 Shimano BB for $20

Guys- I am logging off for the day- for any other payments call or email Noah:
1-866-995-9918 or sales@eighthinch.com

He will be around for a couple more hours today.

Thanks again- look forward to finishing the deal with everyone!

Turnaround on shipping these out?

I didn’t know this was gonna happen so soon. I can paypal friday.

actually ill be doing it tomorrow, but first thing in the a.m. I promise

why wasn’t this sale for 10+ people, I want another bike!

I think it is, man.
I’m pretty sure it was for 10+

Right fellas?

I think more than 10 can get in on it. I just think 10 was the minimum for $100 frames.

[quote=“JayNev”]
so im guessing this is happening/shipping soon. maybe we could pull 10 people together after Christmas for a part2?[/quote]

Oh well its only 139 on their ebay store with free shipping, I’ll order one for xmas.

[quote=“JayNev”]
so im guessing this is happening/shipping soon. maybe we could pull 10 people together after Christmas for a part2?[/quote]

I see two interested people…

[quote=“bigbadwimp”]

I see two interested people…[/quote]

possibly 3

Might be interested later on if I have some expendable income. As it is now it’s best to not buy.

ok guys, i need some help!!
i have a madison in large, and it fits me just about perfectly.
what size should i buy the scrambler in??!!
help!!!

i’d probably be down at the end of the year

gives me some time to either win the pake raffle or find a conversion frame locally.

[quote=“thehappyrobot”]ok guys, i need some help!!
i have a madison in large, and it fits me just about perfectly.
what size should i buy the scrambler in??!!
help!!!
[/quote]
Reminds me of all of the BFSSFG fit chatter. :colbert:

yeah, that why i’ve never posted anything like this before.
i was looking at bonechilling when i posted that.

That scrambler bike looks like a slice of fried shit.