Selle Smp saddles

Has anyone used any of the selle smp saddles? I’m looking for some type of saddle with a cutout to relieve pressure. I’ve been using a flite for the past couple of months and can’t get it comfortable. Any other saddles that you guys could recommend? I’ve tried turbos, concours, and some random selle Italia models but I haven’t been able to find one I’m really comfortable on.

i will buy your flite to fund your new saddle purchase. dependent on pics.

I love my Terry Fly.

Maybe Selle saddles are not for you since you’ve tried multiple models and haven’t found one that works.
Try Specialized Body Geometry they make great saddles that are way different from Selle’s lineup.

Selle means saddle or seat or somethingelse in Italian. SMP and Flite are from two different manufactures

I’m glad someone cleared that up, I’ve been wondering about it for a long time.

I just got a demo from the lbs, some bontrager I forget the name, we’ll see how it goes.

flight is a model made by selle italia.

My dad has the smp evolution and I’ve ridden on it twice. Both times my ass was killing me after about 40 minutes. Other people I know love them though so as with most saddles it’s personal. The selle italia slks are pretty nice if you want an agressive cut out. The SLCs are nice too but suck on the rivet.

[quote=Rusty Piton]Maybe Selle saddles are not for you since you’ve tried multiple models and haven’t found one that works.
Try Specialized Body Geometry they make great saddles that are way different from Selle’s lineup.[/quote]

+1 to this. I just switched to a body geometry saddle and it’s the most comfortable saddle i’ve ever had

My problem is I went the velodrome one day having messed around with the saddle hight and tilt the night before. After I was riding for a while I got a sharp pain down there and ended up with a little bit of blood in my urine for 3 weeks.(went to docs, they said it was a ruptured ureathra and would heal on it’s own) I took about 2 months off the bike just to make sure everything was healed up. That was around may when I started riding again. I still haven’t been riding much this summer out of laziness so it hasn’t been a problem. However the other day after a hard ride it felt kinda sore down there. I really only notice it in the drops. Maybe I’ll just get some bullhorns and a slightly shorter stem.

The handful of guys that I know that use SMP saddles are so stoked about how amazing the saddles are its almost comical. Maybe there is something to it… I’ll never know for myself because I cant get over the looks.

doesn’t SMP stand for suck my penis?
edit: that’s a ridiculously immature post.

I dig the way it looks. Better than flites these days.

get this atmo

blood in urine? fuck, try something new, stat. position and saddle both.

i’ve ridden one. if you find the right width they’re amazing. and some people have bought them at our shop and had it slightly nose up (like 1 or 2 degrees)