Should I purchase this mid 90's, tig welded Battaglin?

[quote=E-ROCK]It’s only a 62cm. Yeah, huge to some, but it fits me perfectly. The head tube is massive and works perfectly with my body. I was thinking about a carbon fiber fork but am not too excited about the idea…I really want to go with steel!

I really want to build it up with campy. I’ve never had a campy outfitted bike and would like to try it. I’m off to a bad start with the Open Pro/Ultegra wheel set but I’m going to re-space the cassette to make it work.

Anyone have some campy layin around?

I have the wheelset, bars, saddle, cassette and everything pictured together and it’s super light. Can’t wait to have it done.[/quote]

you can run shimano cassettes with campy if you get a cable pull thingy i can’t explain or name properly at the moment but can probably be found @ problemsolvers.

Yeah, it’s made by JTek and called the Shift Mate. I also read that I can re-space the cassette to make it compatible. I think the later is a cheaper route. Thanks.

And I stripped the decals that were on the yellow part of the frame. Looks a lot better IMO.

get an alpha-q fork

there are good deals to be had on 1" crabon. i got particularly lucky to get an ouzo pro with a rather chopped steerer tube… but it was more than enough for my 50cm frame. thirty bucks!

Frame is 62, HT is going to be hella long, and 1" forks are rare. Sounds like a recipe for difficulty finding something cheaply.

The head tube from top to bottom is 8 1/4". I found a guy locally who has a bunch of Campy stuff laying around. Wish me luck.

But, I sometimes go into the Sporting section of craigslist to see if any bike stuff is listed there and I found this addressed to me.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/spo/1371713258.html

The guy had an Eddy Merckx sitting in his garage, in my size, and in amazing condition. He didn’t want to sell it at the time, but he wants to sell it now, and I suppose he wants to sell it to me. If it’s a good price, I’ll be scrapping my plans for the Battaglin and buying the Merckx. I’m calling him tonight after 7:00…

hy

And can anyone give me an idea of what a good price would be for a late 80s Merckx with full Dura Ace…not STI…in great condition? I don’t know much about them other than being great bikes and highly collectible…and that I want one. I know it’s hard to say without seeing it, but a rough idea would be very helpful. Thanks.