Small bikes that aren't horrible compromises

Cool. Is that the standard small NFE or custom extra small?

According to Glen

Yes! We built our first batch of XS NFE’s. The XS takes 26” (559mm) wheels and costs $1550. Here’s a picture of Pricilla’s XS NFE. Email us if you want more info on that.

Not applicable to me but

Is this yay or nay?

1 Like

That’s my friend Monica’s blog. Speaking of, she’s selling her XS NFE frame for $700. I’m thinking about buying it and making that my adventure bike (instead of the surly.) Is 700 a fair price for the frame? (It’s the bike from the thumbnail image.)

1 Like

It’s a good enough deal that you’re paying less than retail but the seller isn’t taking a bath.

Is she including the headset & BB? If no, maybe 650 - 670? But yeah 700 for a used XS Elephant sounds about right.

Yeah, if you like it, go for it!

Yeah, I was half tempted to buy that for sup but she doesn’t really ride bikes so it will live a better life with someone that will love and use it.

I was strongly encouraging you to buy it and I will publicly state my willingness to build the bike for you, sans wheels (my wrists are too fucked up to build wheels for a while). You could also stick the 650b wheels on there and see how it rides. I suspect that it would be fine.

What doesn’t she like about it?

if i were xs, i would do it. atmo that’s the kind of frame that goes for around 700 used, then goes for around 700 used again unless it’s got some damage that flex tape can’t handle

I want it for sup but it makes more sense for Marley to have it. Saves the seller from shipping to prison island…

yes, Marley’s current wheels/tires would fit fine

1 Like

Sounds like she wanted a bike that was designed for upright bars (instead of drops.) She’s getting a full custom frame built by 333.

The frame is apparently dented in 2 spots from shipping. That makes me a bit nervous.

Do you know where and how large the dents are?

Maybe have Ben look it over for you? Or use this to negotiate the price down a little bit?

The dents are on the down tube. She said she had it inspected by 2 shops who both said it was fine.

Go for it but at a slightly lower price than 700 since actually dented, though only “cosmetic”.

1 Like

Don’t you know like five people who could roll the dents out for you? Maybe get a quote from Hahn and see if Monica will subtract that from the price.

Technically the bike has 4 dents, why would you get 2 of them rolled out?