so i managed to skid through my gatorskin

got a patch showing thread now. how much life is in it?

running 44x15 = 15 skid patches. if i rotate it a bit does that usually help anyone? or should i just get a new tire altogether.

i’d drop the 39$ (think that’s what i payed for mine) get a new tire…

that shit is fucked yo. If you want to be a cheapass and get a little more life out of it, you could put a piece of tube or tyvek envelope or something between the skidded out patch and the tube.

yea i just went ahead and said fuck it. i picked up a serfas seca for 15 bucks at work today but wanted a lil more life out of my tire.

that, and we were all out of gatorskins. we had a bike ride last sunday and the roadies took them all.

andre better be right about these serfas.

i just got a serfa out of desperation.

all my serfs are revolting

are they serf ninjas?

i keep finding skid marks on my serfs

You should have just rotated the gatorskin and ridden it some, or learn to skid off side, and you have a whole 15 new patches opened up. I ride my tires till they are gone though.

http://probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y1320

[quote=“tx_what_it_do”]yea i just went ahead and said fuck it. i picked up a serfas seca for 15 bucks at work today but wanted a lil more life out of my tire.

that, and we were all out of gatorskins. we had a bike ride last sunday and the roadies took them all.

andre better be right about these serfas.[/quote]
I was at that ride. I took none of your tires, sir.

Not true… ambidextrous skidding only doubles your skid patches if your chainring has an odd number of teeth and he is running 44x15…

skidding through my gatorskin was a moment of great happiness and great sadness…
happy that i had finally done it (after about eight months) and sad that i had to drop some serious scratch on a new set.

buy that gatorskin bonechiller linked to- $25, no tax, free shipping. plus its the folding bead one. my lbs sells wire bead gatorskins for $40.

yeah, free shipping IN GREAT BRITAIN!
i imagine you’d pay about twenty bucks or so to get it shipped over here.

doesn’t performance bike do a price matching thing? i remember hearing about people printing that page out and bringing it into a performance store and getting gatorskins for that price in the store…

Performance will suck the blood out of your body. No charge.

Shipping is free through Pro Bike Kit when shipping to the states.

I hear brakes are cheaper then tires.

[quote=“666pack”]yeah, free shipping IN GREAT BRITAIN!
i imagine you’d pay about twenty bucks or so to get it shipped over here.

doesn’t performance bike do a price matching thing? i remember hearing about people printing that page out and bringing it into a performance store and getting gatorskins for that price in the store…[/quote]

Last I checked, PBK still offers free shipping to the US. It is the absolute best place for tires.

gatorskins are crap.

hardcase is cheaper and lasts longer for me.

-j

[quote=“666pack”]yeah, free shipping IN GREAT BRITAIN!
i imagine you’d pay about twenty bucks or so to get it shipped over here.[/quote]

How much is postage to the USA?
Currently all orders to the USA are free! Better hurry though, it won’t last forever!