So, my teammate nearly died on saturday (video)

“crits are more dangerous”

i laugh at this. i’m really glad he’s okay and really glad he didn’t get his new storck f3 yet.

So crazy. Another reminder for me to never road race.

Seriously. I’ve seen a lot of bad bmx/DH/skateboarding/whatever wrecks but every time I see a sprint crash it really looks like a total fucking nightmare

I can’t even get into road racing up here in the Northeast, nobody has a fucking clue what they’re doing until Cat 3. I was the runner in a charity event team triathlon (Josh Billings) and some dude broke his FEMUR in the road section.

Were you not allowed to be the bike guy because you showed up on a single speed?

But about the video. Holy shit. I kept stopping it and rewatching and each time I thought I saw the bad part. Then I’d see another dude crash and stop and rewatch thinking that was the bad part. Then after all of that at the end is some dude hanging on for dear life over a 30ft drop.

Fuck that shit.

huh, maybe i won’t be racing road this year after all

just don’t be sprinting for 20th in cat 3

I don’t think this allows you to draw any conclusions about the road racing scene here.

[quote=eric_ssucks]just don’t be sprinting for 20th in cat 3[/quote]i’ve won races from 20 wheels back. and have definitely gotten multiple top 10s and top 5s. When you’re hunting for points, everything counts.

I don’t think this allows you to draw any conclusions about the road racing scene here.[/quote]bingo.
everyone starts out as a 5. if you’re good, can can make 3 by the end of a season.

also, this shit is going viral. the team got messages from cnn and inside edition this morning. apparently made the front page of a big newspaper in sweden, on the local news last night, on a bunch of sports and bike websites, on the front page of yahoo this morning, etc.

this will either:
-bring in more sponsorship monies to the team
OR
-put one more nail in the coffin of road racing in socal.

por que no los dos?

more budget with less races = shiny new bike for me!

[quote=crabbi]also, this shit is going viral. the team got messages from cnn and inside edition this morning. apparently made the front page of a big newspaper in sweden, on the local news last night, on a bunch of sports and bike websites, on the front page of yahoo this morning, etc.

this will either:
-bring in more sponsorship monies to the team
OR
-put one more nail in the coffin of road racing in socal.[/quote]

It was also on the front page of Hungary’s most popular news site.

[quote=NOVELTYNAME]por que no los dos?
[/quote]

I love that he pulled this shit with a bike he borrowed

Terrible. The downed rider at 23s getting a tire to the neck looked pretty sketch.

Eccch!

Another culprit here is that the bridge guardrails (like a lot of other rails on the edge of huge drops) are made to hold in car accidents, will keep up wobbling peds if theyre lucky, but may not do shit for a crashing cyclist. Stay safe everyone!

I just watched this. I was like meh at first and then I was like HOLY SHIT. Wow.

he got Bob Roll’d

[youtube]FAbk0EXlOoM[/youtube]