SOLD Cannondale M500 dead ender singlespeed

Cannondale M500 1996.
22” Size. Saddle height as pictured is about 735mm.
Color is Moss Green, which is very dark and almost black in some light. The fork is from a same-year KillerV 900, color Black Gold.

Small dent on the underside left side of the top tube, likely from handlebars of previous owner. I currently have the TT wrapped with bar tape in a different spot to protect from the current bars -there is NO denting under that tape. The close-up of the dent shows it in the worst light, if you look at the whole-bike left side pic you can hardly tell where it is. There is a tiny bit of tire rub at the left chainstay, and other general paint damage from cable rub, etc.

Single speed via magic ratio method.
Frame/fork $65
XTR brake levers and V-Brakes. $50
Surly SS disc hubs 32 hole to Sun Rhynolite rims. Rear bolt on, front red Salsa Q/R skewer. $50
Bontrager XR1 26x2.4 tires(tubed) $50
Crank is a Cannondale CODA Tarantula 94bcd double, set up single with a 44T non-ramped Salsa chainring. $30
Shimano Ocatalink V1 “road” BB $2
18T ACS Crossfire freewheel. $10
Control Tech seatpost (27.2) $20
Control Tech stem (1-1/8”, 25.4, 90mm) $20
Answer riser bars. $10
Wellgo MG1 pedals. $10
Rockbros saddle. $5
SRAM lock-on grips. $5
Chain. $1
Seatpost clamp. $1
FSA Pig DH headset. $1
bottle cage: $4

Price: $SOLD to a local

I will possibly part it out if you want a bunch of stuff, but trying to sell it whole.
ALSO: I’m open to swapping parts on/off of it to your preference. I have other 27.2 posts(black or silver), square taper crankset, flat bars(both really nice vintage and really cheap), 31.8 riser bars, 31.8 stem, Deda smoke gray stem + smoke gray 27.2 post, Easton riser 31.8 bars in gloss white. I can pull the white pedals/grips/saddle and swap on something equivalent in black. SRAM X9 shifters and derailleur. Cheaper silver v-brakes. Middle-of-the-road Avid levers and Avid v-brakes. I have $free townie tires that I’d swap on. Silver V-O fenders. Black Electra fenders.

3 Likes

TT dent, left side.

1996 CAnnondale M500 geometry

1 Like

This bike is awesome. Looks big but I wonder how it would fit with an 81cm saddle height, maybe too aggressive?

Would you mind snapping a picture?

Will do. That stem is flipped toward the less-rise orientation, and it’s only (edit): 90mm

Correction: stem is a 90mm.
Here it is with 81cm saddle height (c ofbb to top of saddle, along seat tube).

120mm saddle-bar drop.
685mm ish from c of seatpost to c bar clamp, measured horizontally.

Ugh, that’s not the fit I’m after. GLWS, seems like a good deal

Would rather own this than have poured more money into the dumb polo bike I’ve got now, love this bike, gonna make someone happy.